2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cruise control not setting

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Oren09
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new stich had the same test results as the old one with an ohmmeter. Maybe the test procedure was wrong? Exact same results. Continuity on pins 5 & 6(stop lights-plunger all the way out), none on pins 1 & 2 (Rear wheel ABS) and 4 & 5 (cruise) {plunger all the way in (as directed) and all the way out to try it}.

The switch harness disappears into the rat's nest of dash wiring.
The power wire to the servo (passes through the brake switch) should be good as the indicator light always turns on, and would not illuminate with the servo unplugged.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 PM
FFFD827
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question any luck

has anyone figured this out yet? in my truck i can turn mine on depending on the bump i hit but the light just goes out with the nest bump i dont know where to check for bad connections i have had the whole nose off the truck from a front end smack

Old 08-26-2014, 12:58 PM
cfhauto
Default 94 cruise

So I realize this is a very old thread but was curious if any conclusions were made? I purchased a 94 truck and on test drive the cruise didn't work I suspected it to be the simple usual vacuum issues due to the fact that the 4x4 wouldn't activate and A/C was defaulting to defrost. However after getting it home and starting to work on it I found issues in the cad system actuator shaft was bent and wear pads gone ect. fixed tho, pin hole in a HVAC system hose fixed, after that vacuum tested good and all of the vacuum system and no more leaks. Vacuum test servo and it was good, but ended up swapping one from my other truck cruise worked in and it still work in the other truck but this one still doesn't work. Testing the brake switch I broke it so ended up replacing it and adjusting it but still no good, disassembled column to check wires and also check continuity of clock ring it was ok, but had a newer one that also checked out so I replaced it. Still cruise wont set I'm at a loss myself. It has power and power to the servo is confirmed. when you turn the switch on power is at the servo and while driving after 35mph you can push the set button and it pulls the pedal for a second then drops/releases and wont hold anyone have any ideas??? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Grab the 95 service manual from this thread. Wiring diagrams are in section 8W. Find the cruise diagrams, and verify that the PCM is getting the right signals from the switches.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:04 PM
cfhauto
Default Cruise wont set

Thank you so much that is just what I was needing! Checking through the PCM is what I was thinking I was needing to do but didn't know where to start short of disassembly to chase wires in the harness. Thanks again ill post what I find after I check! Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply: Cruise control not setting