2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Brake problem, huge problem! 2001 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Norman Calkins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 dodge ram 1500 5.9 flooding out

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 with a 5.9 and it is flooding really bad and won't start. I'm putting new plugs in it and have cleaned the iac motor. Checked the fuel pressure and its good. Any ideas on what could be causing it.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Tommy Francetic

hey make shr your calipers are on right you can put them on the worng side and bleed the **** out of it and as soon as you turn the truck on the peddle go.s mush . bleeder must be pointing up words if down words air will get stuck in the top of the caliper. i did this one time when my truck was in 1000 pec and i put them on the wrong side

Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Erm, what does this have to do with brakes???? I don't see anything relating to them at all....

For the flooding problem, if you push the gas pedal to the floor, will it start and run?

Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Hjhf1500
Amateur

Tommy is right,try switching the calipers.That happened to me before.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Tommy Francetic

hey make shr your calipers are on right you can put them on the worng side and bleed the **** out of it and as soon as you turn the truck on the peddle go.s mush . bleeder must be pointing up words if down words air will get stuck in the top of the caliper. i did this one time when my truck was in 1000 pec and i put them on the wrong side

Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Tommy Francetic

norman this thred is for a brakes not your flooding problem you need to move your post and make a new thread and moderator delete my double post plz

Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Matthew Morris
Default Brake pressure!!!!

Yes, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. I have replaced everything under the front end of the truck, including tie rods, calipers, spindles, etc. The front brakes have no pressure what so ever. The rear brakes r holding, to the best of my knowledge. I have even replaced the rear wheel cylinders, and master cylinder. I have pressure when the truck is not running, but as soon as I crank the truck I have lost all pressure on brakes. Someone please help this is the only vehicle I have to get my family around. What is the problem and how can I fix this problem?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:32 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy Francetic

Do you realize this is an OLD thread?
\ (we need an animated grave digger icon...

Originally Posted by Norman Calkins
I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 with a 5.9 and it is flooding really bad and won't start. I'm putting new plugs in it and have cleaned the iac motor. Checked the fuel pressure and its good. Any ideas on what could be causing it.
Originally Posted by HeyYou
Erm, what does this have to do with brakes???? I don't see anything relating to them at all....

For the flooding problem, if you push the gas pedal to the floor, will it start and run?

Originally Posted by Matthew Morris
Yes, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. I have replaced everything under the front end of the truck, including tie rods, calipers, spindles, etc. The front brakes have no pressure what so ever. The rear brakes r holding, to the best of my knowledge. I have even replaced the rear wheel cylinders, and master cylinder. I have pressure when the truck is not running, but as soon as I crank the truck I have lost all pressure on brakes. Someone please help this is the only vehicle I have to get my family around. What is the problem and how can I fix this problem?

Should have started a new thread.....

Do you get brake light or ABS light?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Matthew Morris

Yes the calipers are on the right way. My step dad and I can't figure out why we have no pressure on the front brakes. Would unplugging the battery reset the RWAL module?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

No. It won't.

Is the brake lite in the dash on?

Quick Reply: Brake problem, huge problem! 2001 Ram