2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no heat

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:30 PM
studders
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Exactly. Some have had success with one of the right-angle screwdrivers. Cutting the carpet away a bit may help as well.
Couldn't find my angle screwdriver so I had to go buy one, but I got it off and disconnected to actuator. I manually turned the blend door as far as it would go. The heat got a little better but not like it should. I also noticed that it does get warmer when I press on the gas. I guess it could use a good ole drain/flush/fill. I haven't ordered them couplers yet but will soon. We are getting pounded by snow right now so I cant flush it right now because I have no drains in my barn. When I get the chance I'm going to disconnect the heater hoses and back flush it as well.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 PM
donparadowski

I have a problem that I loose heat at a traffic light. It returns after I pull away but it is never great guns hot like it used to be. I checked the trap door to the cold air and it is functioning correctly as well as the thermostat. Any advise? Please contact me at donparadowski@yahoo.com

Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by donparadowski
I have a problem that I loose heat at a traffic light. It returns after I pull away but it is never great guns hot like it used to be. I checked the trap door to the cold air and it is functioning correctly as well as the thermostat. Any advise? Please contact me at donparadowski@yahoo.com
Tell ya what, Don: If you want the answer it'll be here when you come back looking for it. It's nothing personal. I just don't give my email address to random strangers.

Try burping the cooling system -- a search of this site will turn up the directions. If that doesn't fix it, or doesn't fix it for long, and you aren't losing coolant, replace the heater core. Or just keep burping the thing every so often until you're good and tired of it, then replace the heater core.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Shovel

What if you don't have that actuator on the bottom of the box? My 98 only throws heat when you set it at max A/C with the heat turned to full hot. Thought about the heatertreater but I cant find the actuator. There's a little silver nub sticking out of the bottom of the box that moves very little with the heat control. Looks like where all the pics say it should be. Really don't want to tear the dash appart if I don't have to.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Yours is still cable operated. Do you hear the door thump on its stops when you run the control from one side, to the other.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Shovel

yes. When I put my fingers on the little silver nub I can feel it move and everything felt pretty tight. It doesn't move very much so I dont think that that is the problem. Matter of fact the only attachment that I even see is a diaphragm and lever over by the passenger door.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Temp is regulated by cable, where the air goes is regulated by vacuum.

Is there a change in temp when you turn the **** from full cold, to full hot? Do you, by any chance, hear a gurgling in the dash when you start the truck up?

Quick Reply: no heat