2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Old school

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Block....pffft

Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 PM
james101abn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hijacked.

I swear. a few good comments have been made to this thread of mine, most of them have been just out there and opinionated. I didn't ask for some of the responses it's received. I don't think I will be posting much of anything in here because of the welcome I received this time. Thanks for the good suggestions.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by james101abn
I didn't ask for some of the responses it's received.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I swear. a few good comments have been made to this thread of mine, most of them have been just out there and opinionated. I didn't ask for some of the responses it's received. I don't think I will be posting much of anything in here because of the welcome I received this time. Thanks for the good suggestions.
I'm not sure you understand how forums work....

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Great song!!!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Yep, you opened a real can of worms with the 440 into a second gen question. Not the first time this has happened either. May end up with the same result though. The member that started the thread disappears, and is never heard from again.....

You can't ask a question like that though, and NOT expect to take some grief for it.

That said, I would LOVE to see pics of your engine.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:27 PM
james101abn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I don't understand is why should I expect to take grief for wanting to put a DODGE engine into a DODGE truck. Should I expect grief because I can appreciate a second gen Dodge Ram with over 500 horsepower? I understand how a forum works but it gets hijacked with an argument about carb vs efi and that was never the question.. it was even stated that I was keeping the project efi. and now some people wanna post eagles songs because I simply said it would be awhile before I posted something in here again. These responses are why.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:14 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and now some people wanna post eagles songs because I simply said it would be awhile before I posted something in here again.
I'm not some people, I'm just some guy. And a helluva nice guy, at that, even if I do sometimes poke fun at other guys who whine like little girls whose classmates were not impressed by the empty oatmeal box she brought for show and tell.

Relax, find your happy place, and hang around a while, huh?

Old 01-28-2015, 07:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

What I don't understand is why should I expect to take grief for wanting to put a DODGE engine into a DODGE truck. Should I expect grief because I can appreciate a second gen Dodge Ram with over 500 horsepower? I understand how a forum works but it gets hijacked with an argument about carb vs efi and that was never the question.. it was even stated that I was keeping the project efi. and now some people wanna post eagles songs because I simply said it would be awhile before I posted something in here again. These responses are why.
It's unconventional. And there are much easier ways of getting that kind of power into your truck. Granted, actually HAVING the big block sitting in the garage removes a lot of the expense...... but, there are a fair few ****ling details that go along with such a swap, and on the 98 and newer trucks, thanks get a LOT more interesting..... (even if you skip the auto trans, and go with a manual, in the 98 and up trucks, ALL of the gauges are driven by the PCM..... and that rather complicates matters.)

Quick Reply: Old school