2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ODB1 Code Flashes Twice? 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L 360Ci 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

If it runs fine down the road, and only stalls at idle, fuel pressure is probably fine.

I would more suspect a poor quality replacement IAC...... Our trucks really don't like some of the aftermarket stuff.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:33 PM
JoshuaYsassi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If it runs fine down the road, and only stalls at idle, fuel pressure is probably fine.

I would more suspect a poor quality replacement IAC...... Our trucks really don't like some of the aftermarket stuff.

On the fuel rail I pressed it down no gauge here but a lot of pressure and it won't even go down the road now it starts then stalls and sometimes just won't crank over and I have a brand new 1 week old IAC the engines only been started maybe 4 times since install and no leaks anywhere no smoke just stalling fuel smell sometimes and code 37 pops up twice now I'm lost the only thing I haven't changed is EGR valve, TCC solenoid , fuel pump an I'm out of money so I'm trying to clean everything as best I can get all that old grime off in the end I'm lost four mechanics have checked it and don't know what is wrong either can't take it to get scanned no trailer and no money to let dodge repair it

Old 07-21-2015, 08:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Will it stay running if you hold the throttle open a little bit?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 PM
JoshuaYsassi
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Will it stay running if you hold the throttle open a little bit?
It does alittle but sometimes it stalls out sometimes when it stalls I'll hit the gas real quick and it run back up then rough idle

Old 07-21-2015, 08:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Thats an IAC/Idle learn problem.

Start the engine, hold it at about 1000 RPM, till the engine comes up to temp. (yeah, takes a bit....) Then see if it will idle on its own.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 PM
JoshuaYsassi
Rookie

Nope did it till temp hit 200 it stays at 800 rpm and I re wired my spark plug wire a certain way I saw on a website it help but still heart like a throbbing sound from exhaust while idleing it's weird it stays constant but sounds like a light heartbeat with a little shake

Old 07-21-2015, 10:10 PM
JoshuaYsassi
Rookie

Ok so I decided to checks Trans fluid to see what it's at and it's at minimum level WTH???!!! It hasn't leaked at all since it's been repaired and only driven 15-20 miles max so I **** it off the engine was blowing extremely hot air hot enough to back away while checking the Trans fluid I'm so ticked off it probably send those codes cause there's no fluid and it's heating up (TRANS TEMP SENSOR) !!!!' I'm guessing I have the plug but no where to put it in on Trans housing

Old 07-25-2015, 12:12 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by JoshuaYsassi
I tried everything it would start idle in 800 rpm in park and then drop to 500-600 rpm in drive then after a couple of min die out I looked at fuel pump the roll over valve hose was off it so I put it back on but I believe the fuel filter has to be clogged or bad Evap canister the little hose next to map sensor on throttle body was clogged with bits of charcoal and I tool hoses of canister and nothing came out it's like no fuel is being sent so it starts in fumes then does but codes read just now are 12,37,37,55 idk if TCC will make it rough idle / low idle in park and stall after sitting a min or putting in drive and going a couple of feet
You need to rebuild the charcoal canister.
Your sucking charcoal into throttle body, who knows what's plugged up and what isn't from charcoal.
I rebuilt the one in my 86 because you cant buy them.
Their not that hard to rebuild.
Here is the link to my rebuild and other links that I used to get it done http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewto...hlight=rebuilt
Go to the last post.
If you leave it disconnected you may get codes for it, and may never run right.

Dave

Last edited by xjarhead69; 07-25-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You can buy them! At least for 96 you can. Not sure what changed between the years. i know the later years had two. Here is the exact oem part# that was on mine 53031 752AA Mine got filled with water because the cap on the vent line came off.

http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action...3&id_pic=33084

Old 07-27-2015, 07:31 PM
JoshuaYsassi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Moparite
You can buy them! At least for 96 you can. Not sure what changed between the years. i know the later years had two. Here is the exact oem part# that was on mine 53031 752AA Mine got filled with water because the cap on the vent line came off
http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action...3&id_pic=33084
I have a 95 ram with the cylinder Evap canister I found bits of charcoal in the hose next the the map sensor idk if it should have some

Quick Reply: ODB1 Code Flashes Twice? 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L 360Ci 4x4