3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

body lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovinmydodge
The other day I was looking at it, and wondered if there was a kit to drop down my rack just an inch or two to take the angle load off the rack..? any thoughts.?
I don't think it is possible to do it without cutting on the frame too much and anyways if you did bump steer would be really bad. I'd buy dirtfabs steering mod for a 3" even my 2" causes damage to the tie rod end over time.

Last edited by i.who.made.you; 04-23-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:56 PM
EVguy
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The other day I was looking at it, and wondered if there was a kit to drop down my rack just an inch or two to take the angle load off the rack..?

?
I built offset bushings for the rack to drop it about 1/2" but I was after oilpan clearance.
This is comon on Mustangs.

Did you go to my Flicker page, quite a few pic's there.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Lovinmydodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i looked over the flicker page after I asked that question! bad *** truck man!,

as far as the heim joints any body bought them? price etc? also, just curious when u said wider, like the width of the mounting is wider like for a ram?

Old 04-25-2014, 03:01 PM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, i looked over the flicker page after I asked that question! bad *** truck man!,

as far as the heim joints any body bought them? price etc? also, just curious when u said wider, like the width of the mounting is wider like for a ram?

No they r 3" longer and increase trac width. They r deigned for 2wd, but I am going to use ram axles which are almost 3" longer too, on my 4x4. They will b using very beefy greasable uniballs, poly bushings, and heims. Rest assured this kind of quality will cost. I don't think anyone has used them yet.

Quick Reply: body lift