3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

AC Line Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Butters54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Line Leaking

I went to Advances Auto to look at the kit to recharge my AC. I was looking under the hood to locate the port, and while I had the hood up, I investigated a noise I've been hearing after I shut the truck off. It sounds like a pssssssssss noise and lasts about 10 seconds. It was coming from around the AC compressor. I noticed a little wet spot on the line coming from the compressor. It's on the black part of the line toward the top. Are these easy to replace? Anyone have any info on replacement procedures?

Old 08-21-2017, 08:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Evacuate A/C system. Replace line. Pull a vacuum on the system. If it holds vacuum for 15-20 minutes, recharge the system. If you don't have the equipment to do it yourself, talk to the local shops, see what they have to say. You might find someone that will evac the system for you, let you change the hose, then bring it back to evac, and recharge.... Or, considering how little the cost difference is going to be, just bring them the truck, and new hose, and have them fix ya up.