3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

looks like tax money is getting dumped into the truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a great price on the rotors.. looks like im spending more money haha

Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Heres another site for rotors too Eric if you wanna take a look...im getting mine from here too....

http://store.r1concepts.com/Items/It...ne%20-%20Front

Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

the site u mentioned Eric says lifetime warranty and free shipping thats a good deal bc i dont see R1 say free shipping........

Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man I love website comparing and looking for great deals..its like a treasure hunt right in your room!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Racinartist
All Star

Why not go all out and change the entire rear with one that has disc brakes? There's gotta' be something out there that would fit these pigs with only minor modifications.

Last week when my truck was at the dealer all week for service they put me in a Durango rental. It made me realize how bad I missed my 4 wheel disc brakes on my 04 Dak.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:22 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

my dads 03 has 4 wheel discs on it, and i dont like them(neither does he, or my mom or anyone else i know that has driven in his truck), my truck w/ drums in the rear has about 2-3times the stopping power, i know that the 4 wheel discs are supposed to be better because they have more surface area or soemthing like that, but they just dont seem to be IMO, and then the brakes in my dads truck are really soft compared to the brakes in mine, too much push to make them grab IMO, so unless there is soemthing wrong with his brakes (which i doubt since they were the same when he got the truck BRAND NEW) i dont see the benefit of 4 wheel discs

Old 02-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
my dads 03 has 4 wheel discs on it, and i dont like them(neither does he, or my mom or anyone else i know that has driven in his truck), my truck w/ drums in the rear has about 2-3times the stopping power, i know that the 4 wheel discs are supposed to be better because they have more surface area or soemthing like that, but they just dont seem to be IMO, and then the brakes in my dads truck are really soft compared to the brakes in mine, too much push to make them grab IMO, so unless there is soemthing wrong with his brakes (which i doubt since they were the same when he got the truck BRAND NEW) i dont see the benefit of 4 wheel discs
Something seems wrong with that. My dad's 02 Laramie QC Ram with 4 wheel disc is heavier than my dak and he tends to wait forever to change his brake pads (longer than he should anyway). When I first got mine he had over double the mileage on his current pads and rotors than I had on my truck and his definitely stopped better. Last time I drove it it felt about the same but he really needs new brakes.

Quick Reply: looks like tax money is getting dumped into the truck