3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Serious recall on 2015s for suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 01:08 PM
humyz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious recall on 2015s for suspension issues

http://wgntv.com/2015/06/29/urgent-recalls-for-chryslers-jeep-grand-cherokee-and-dodge-durango/

Old 06-30-2015, 09:58 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very small number. Only 65 are actually on the road, rest are in dealer lots. Pretty impressive that they're actually calling customers via phone to do it.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Doctorsti

Don't be fooled by that trash press release. Mine is 4 days old and I have an affected control arm and not ONLY DID NOBODY FROM CHRYSLER CALL ME I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM ALL DAY TO GET RESOLUTION. They keep telling me they guarantee someone will call me today to set up inspection and flatbed to dealer. By the way it's 9:30 PM Eastern time so looks like that are liars and their word and concern are false and worth nothing.

This is a huge safety issue and they let me drive around 2 days after press release when they had my name address and phone number and new my vin was one of 65.

They are going to see legal action for this and still there is no plan for my Durango that just sits in the driveway unable to be driven.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:18 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if your car is not drivable and 4 days old the manufacturer will pay for a rental car.
sorry, gotta laugh when people say they are gonna sue companies this large. What losses do you hope to recover for 2 days? Let me know how that legal action works out.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by primem
if your car is not drivable and 4 days old the manufacturer will pay for a rental car.
sorry, gotta laugh when people say they are gonna sue companies this large. What losses do you hope to recover for 2 days? Let me know how that legal action works out.
As an attorney, I laugh and shake my head as well. Not that it's a large company (that shouldn't scare anyone and, in most cases, helps with juries), but because there isn't a case. Sue them for what exactly? What relief is he asking from the Court in this circumstance? A telephone bill to cover the 24 hours of phone calling? Yeah, he drove around on it for 2 days. But he didn't get into an accident. No harm was done. The only thing he may have even a hint of as far as damages is the time spent seeking resolution, but he's only going to get that if the wait is unreasonable. Sorry, but 4 days isn't an unreasonably long time. Would typically have to be 30 days or more before it's unreasonable.

We get it, he's mad. I wouldn't be that pleased either, but he's got to understand the world doesn't revolve around him and no one is going to drop whatever they're doing to attend to his problem.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 PM
primem
Record Breaker

I've worked for automotive and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Both have huge legal teams and deep pockets. Sometimes a war of attrition can trump merit.
I'm confident dodge will fully correct this problem. give them time to engineer a repair.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Orin500XL
Captain

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
As an attorney, I laugh and shake my head as well. . . . Sue them for what exactly? What relief is he asking from the Court in this circumstance? . . . . No harm was done. The only thing he may have even a hint of as far as damages is the time spent seeking resolution, but he's only going to get that if the wait is unreasonable. Sorry, but 4 days isn't an unreasonably long time. Would typically have to be 30 days or more before it's unreasonable.

Yeah, what he said.
But in today's litigious climate just about anything is up for grabs. He could sue for "pain and suffering" he has suffered during FOUR DAYS!! worrying about the car. Or the "emotional trauma" he experienced when he realized he was driving his family around in an UNSAFE auto AFTER he learned of the problem.
OTOH, there's a nut for every screw, so I'm sure there is a lawyer out there some where willing to take his money.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
Yeah, what he said.
But in today's litigious climate just about anything is up for grabs. He could sue for "pain and suffering" he has suffered during FOUR DAYS!! worrying about the car. Or the "emotional trauma" he experienced when he realized he was driving his family around in an UNSAFE auto AFTER he learned of the problem.
OTOH, there's a nut for every screw, so I'm sure there is a lawyer out there some where willing to take his money.
It's often thrown around, but we're no more litigious now than we were before. A few outliers does not = a correlation. Even pain and suffering has to be proven with evidence. And testimony won't cut it.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:49 PM
primem
Record Breaker

dr....check your build date sticker on the door. if its not in this range, your vehicle is not part of the recall; and you can call off the dogs.
June 12 to June 20, 2015.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:15 PM
jazzmaster221
Amateur
Default towed on my dime..warranty ?

i would have it towed to them and let it sit in there lot till they come up with a solution and then i would hang out at there service department and tell my story to costumers coming in I'm sure they would get moving on it then just to get you off the lot

Quick Reply: Serious recall on 2015s for suspension issues