3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Starts after 3rd try...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 06:17 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the wife got it back today. On her way home she stopped by to get gas and run it through the car wash. As she was waiting it started to idle extremely rough, check engine light came on and continued to idle rough. Luckily she was able to drive straight through the car wash and get it home before she shut it off. Didn't want to shut it off before getting home if it didn't start back up. Was only a mile from home.

She says it still idles a little different but isn't shaking anymore. Check engine light went off. She called the dealership and they said to bring it in in the morning. She was supposed to drive out to El Paso from Tucson to visit me. Doubt they'll put her in a rental for a week while she's visiting. And in not sure I want her driving the Durango for 5 hours in the desert and chance getting stranded.

Frustrating.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:54 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

After my wife spending 4 hours sitting around the dealership she was sent home with another rental. They couldn't duplicate the new problem.

She was supposed to drive out to visit me in Texas today and stay for the week. Now she was being told she only had the rental through this Monday. I had to get the service manager involved and after a few hours of haggling they've worked it out for her to have the rental all next week. Props to them for getting that worked out.

What I am not happy with is how the service rep treated my wife. I completed their online survey yesterday. This was after the vehicle started shaking violently at idle. So the vehicle failed on the way home from the dealership yesterday and again as she drove it up this morning to the dealership. I gave an honest survey. I hit em on the areas they messed up and praised on the good stuff. The service advisor didn't like that and he sat my wife down this morning and ridiculed her about it. His pissed me off. Very unprofessional. I'm happy with them working out the extended rental but there will be some words with the service manager regarding this BS.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:10 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
Looks like I need to dig in to why my fuel pump relay does not activate until the starter is engaged...

-Rod
Sorry let me fix my previous reply

Originally Posted by TNtech
The relay will engage for 3 seconds ...then disengage whenever the ignition is initially turned to ON, then engage again when cranking begins and stay engaged while running.

That is, if there is a pause between ON and STARTING. It should always work when cranking.
That clearer than the previous mud? lol

Old 03-10-2017, 11:13 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25
After my wife spending 4 hours sitting around the dealership she was sent home with another rental. They couldn't duplicate the new problem.

She was supposed to drive out to visit me in Texas today and stay for the week. Now she was being told she only had the rental through this Monday. I had to get the service manager involved and after a few hours of haggling they've worked it out for her to have the rental all next week. Props to them for getting that worked out.

What I am not happy with is how the service rep treated my wife. I completed their online survey yesterday. This was after the vehicle started shaking violently at idle. So the vehicle failed on the way home from the dealership yesterday and again as she drove it up this morning to the dealership. I gave an honest survey. I hit em on the areas they messed up and praised on the good stuff. The service advisor didn't like that and he sat my wife down this morning and ridiculed her about it. His pissed me off. Very unprofessional. I'm happy with them working out the extended rental but there will be some words with the service manager regarding this BS.

Dammit maaan! Tell them to send me the scan report...lol Or just throw a damn TIPM at it FFS lol

I have a Chrysler 300 now that 3 different dealers have replaced 4 PCMs for a dying issue with multiple codes. THIS is where the dealers are headed and it's freakin' ugly. They need to do something fast.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-10-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

According to the dealer they still haven't been able to duplicate. At least they covered the rental for the week so my wife could come visit. They better figure it out before I get home in a couple weeks. If my wife gets it back and it stands her I will lose my ****.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:07 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
Sorry let me fix my previous reply

That is, if there is a pause between ON and STARTING. It should always work when cranking.
That clearer than the previous mud? lol
Yeah, clearer, but still seems like my Durango doesn't work that way. I have never seen the LED for the fuel pump power come on until the starter is engaged.

FWIW, I dumped a can of SeaFoam in the fuel tank last weekend and all week it's been starting better, so maybe the issue is more like a restricted fuel filter (still part of the pump assembly I understand) or dirty fuel injectors.

-Rod