truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aldogs Hemi
Can the DSP alter a 2006 trans?
Thanks!
Yep, 05's up have the trans options.

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Yea dude like truckin said...05's have it all and I think it's the only year with part throttle downshifts/upshifts the other years just have upshifts so far.
Im almost positive that I read that its the 05's and 06's that have the part throttle downshifts/upshifts, the 07's up just have the upshifts

Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been a week now (and about 200 miles) that I have been using the DSP in place of the SC and I think that I can make some judgements about its performance. There are three things that I have noticed which are different since I changed over to the DSP. First, the 45 mph bog is not as apprant anymore. When I had SC there was always a dead spot where the truck would bog down while cruising, usually right around 45 mph. With the DSP it is still there, but not nearly as much as it was with the SC.
Second, the power of the 93 tune is clearly better than the 91 tune of the SC. As my truck has gotten more used to the new tune, and I have had time to adjust my fuel and spark, I have found the truck to be getting stronger and stronger. Right now I can say for certain that the truck is stronger than it was on the SC 91 tune.
Last, the ability to dial in the tune. This is by far the best feature of the DSP in my opinion. With the ability to adjust fuel and spark I have been able to fine tune my trucks tune to the point that I am feeling a little more power than I was even originally getting with the 93 tune.
The only thing that I wish I could do would be to datalog 0-60 times like I could with the SC. That way I could see what types of gains I am actually getting instead of having to go by the data logs that I have been using to adjust fuel and spark.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

If you have an iphone/touch there's a few apps on there (dynolicious is the one I use) and it uses the phones accelerometer to get 0-60,1/8 and 1/4 mile, lateral g's, hp, skidpad etc. It's $13 and better than a g-tech and way better than the SC's guesstimates.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

How accurate is it? I have heard of dynolicious but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

If you already have an iphone/touch than it's $13....otherwise it wouldn't be worth it unless you're looking for a new cell phone.

Supposedly it's more accurate than the g-tech ...and anything with an accelerometer will be more accurate than something without like the SC or any other handheld. These guys seem a little bias but you can't argue the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-DFbJQbeSY

Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I already have the iPhone so maybe I will look into getting the dynolicious.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Oh hell yea...it's totally worth it then. You can even save your graphs and keep them as a picture so you can email it or whatever. It also logs your mods and new mods showing you the difference in gains so you can keep track of them. Check it out on itunes. You need an accurate weight of your truck though...any place with truck scales can do it like your local dump.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:40 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Should I update the predator before I install it. I have the programmer but the pc wires wont be here until tomorrow maybe the next day. I am just impatient. Also I think I read on ones of these oil threads that you change the weight when you disable the MDS is that what everyone is doing? If so which weight are you using now. I have to do any oil change by thursday and if I need to change the weight i gotta do it this time.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Originally Posted by dedogg
Should I update the predator before I install it. I have the programmer but the pc wires wont be here until tomorrow maybe the next day. I am just impatient. Also I think I read on ones of these oil threads that you change the weight when you disable the MDS is that what everyone is doing? If so which weight are you using now. I have to do any oil change by thursday and if I need to change the weight i gotta do it this time.
I haven't heard that about changing the oil weight. It is time to change mine as well and I just recently got a superchips and have disabled the MDS. Do I need to use a different weight of oil?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by dedogg
I had to update mine before I could install it. Tried installing it without updating it when I first got it but it just told me that the tuner needed an update prior to installation. You probably won't have a choice about updating if it is anything like mine was.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews