Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Oh hell yea...it's totally worth it then. You can even save your graphs and keep them as a picture so you can email it or whatever. It also logs your mods and new mods showing you the difference in gains so you can keep track of them. Check it out on itunes. You need an accurate weight of your truck though...any place with truck scales can do it like your local dump.
I looked at it this morning and it looks like it has some cool features so I figured for 12.99 it was worth a try. Too bad it is pouring rain here or I would try it out on my way to work.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Stormin264
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know when you test it out. I have an iPhone and I'm curious. Thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Well correct me if I am wrong but if you still had your SC, couldn't you just plug it in and use the data logging from it while still running the DSP tune?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Stormin264
Let us know when you test it out. I have an iPhone and I'm curious. Thanks
Well I set it up and input all of my truck's info this afternoon so as soon as the weather gets better I will try it out.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
Well correct me if I am wrong but if you still had your SC, couldn't you just plug it in and use the data logging from it while still running the DSP tune?
I could but since I traded the SC for the DSP that I currently have, that is not an option for me. Plus, I did some reading about this thing and how accurate it is supposed to be so I am curious to see just how accurate it actually is.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
all of 75
Veteran

This is slightly off topic, but, does the DSP have interchangabilty between my 03 Hemi Ram 1500 and a 2005 Magnum Hemi? Does the SC Flashpaq 3865 have this abilty? It seems to in their propaganda. If so does that mean they no longer "Lock" onto cars?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dedogg
Should I update the predator before I install it. I have the programmer but the pc wires wont be here until tomorrow maybe the next day. I am just impatient. Also I think I read on ones of these oil threads that you change the weight when you disable the MDS is that what everyone is doing? If so which weight are you using now. I have to do any oil change by thursday and if I need to change the weight i gotta do it this time.
I changed to 10-30...if it gets cold in your area i'd go with 5-30.

Odds are you'll have to update your trucks pcm itself to the newest calibration...you won't know until you plug it in and it takes about 15 minutes. Updating the actual tuner is optional but I would...you'll have to go back to stock tune and then update if you decide to later. Go here and download everything you need and read up on the directions...it'll make things easier once you start. http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...isplay&pid=152

Originally Posted by all of 75
This is slightly off topic, but, does the DSP have interchangabilty between my 03 Hemi Ram 1500 and a 2005 Magnum Hemi? Does the SC Flashpaq 3865 have this abilty? It seems to in their propaganda. If so does that mean they no longer "Lock" onto cars?

Thanks in advance.
No...the ram/durango/jeep tuner is u7137 and the LX car tuner is u7135. Not sure about the SC on the interchangability part but yes they do vin lock...you'll have to put one back to stock and then tune the other one.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dedogg
Should I update the predator before I install it. I have the programmer but the pc wires wont be here until tomorrow maybe the next day. I am just impatient. Also I think I read on ones of these oil threads that you change the weight when you disable the MDS is that what everyone is doing? If so which weight are you using now. I have to do any oil change by thursday and if I need to change the weight i gotta do it this time.
Yes, I would, it is up to Crom4 now.
Go to thi slink and go ahead and install the installer on your PC. Them you will be ready when the cables arrive.
You need to download 9r04 and the DSDownloader installer.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...=152#downloads

Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Thanks i got the cables today and updated the tuner and installed the 93 oct, but I couldnt find where I disable the mds. I kinds searched the dsp website and it said i needed to modify the tune, but didnt say how. Any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

What cables are missing from the tuner? Anyone got a pic or link to them? I will be picking up a DSP tomorrow afternoon. One of the performance shops near my place stocks the tuners BUT the guy sounded really dumbfounded when I asked about the update cables and said that they would update it before I left but normally don't carry any extra cables so I need to be able to show him what I am talking about or at least be able to find one to do the updates.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews