3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New wheels and tires ordered

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:54 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New wheels and tires ordered

Let me start off by saying I was happy until I saw Pirata's wheels and tires. Then I went into lift mode, new tires, wheels, ect. Well after calming down I was able to make myself back off on a lift (garage and parking garage at the airport were factors), but not the wheels and tires.

I went with M/T Classic II 17x9. Thought about the Locks but saw a set in the showroom. While the rim looks awesome I did not like the fact that lip created a spot inside for crap to collect.

Will have pics on the truck in a couple weeks, while I am excited to put them on I want to give the weather a couple more weeks to "get nice".

Tires I went with Cooper Discoverer STT. 33x12.5x17

Old 03-18-2008, 03:33 PM
06Mopar
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New wheels and tires ordered

They should look really good.......Cant wait to see the pictures....

Old 03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
rebelz99
Professional

Nice, I guess those are for the Srt, what do you have in mind for the reg hemi!!! lol...

Old 03-18-2008, 07:44 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've had the same wheels since my truck was less than a month old in June of '04. I've been very pleased with them and with a little care they still look like new. I'll give you one northern winter out of the center caps though, the stock ones are cheasy steel and will rust in no time when the salt gets to them. I've managed to squeeze until now out of mine, here in Fl., but ordered a new set a few days ago. The ones they sell are chrome plated unlike the ones they "give" with the wheels. I should have replaced them last year, they've been really bad for some time now, but I've gotten a little more out of them by taking them off when I rotate the tires and do the old steel wool trick on them.
Other than the cheazy stock caps, they are fantastic...

[IMG]local://upfiles/67238/AC6F9F307D854C48B6C3DD8686808150.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-18-2008, 08:00 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not seen many aftermarket wheels where the caps last to long in the North. To bad to, I like the M/T logo on them.

The 4x4 shop here in Toledo has SS caps, those will go on when these rust up.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM
jm22876
Professional

good choice

Old 03-18-2008, 09:04 PM
CRMRAM
Veteran

I love those rims,if I didn't get the moto metals I would have gotten those.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 AM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

good looking rims man...which truck are they goin on?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:24 AM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

Let me start off by saying I was happy until I saw Pirata's wheels and tires. Then I went into lift mode, new tires, wheels, ect. Well after calming down I was able to make myself back off on a lift (garage and parking garage at the airport were factors), but not the wheels and tires.

I went with M/T Classic II 17x9. Thought about the Locks but saw a set in the showroom. While the rim looks awesome I did not like the fact that lip created a spot inside for crap to collect.

Will have pics on the truck in a couple weeks, while I am excited to put them on I want to give the weather a couple more weeks to "get nice".

Tires I went with Cooper Discoverer STT. 33x12.5x17
come on lance you know DF'rs dont like waiting, just put em on in the garage and take some pics and put the ol ones back on. or at least have RedRam photoshop em for us.

they look great, im still looking at some nittos, want to keep the stock 20's, but gonna let my rubber wear down, at 30k now, with gas continuing to rise id like to keep my mpg for as long as i can. but those are only 33 inch tires, just noticed, would be interested to see what the change in mpg is for ya, although since youre up north youll be changing from winter to summer gas same time your changing your tires.

Quick Reply: New wheels and tires ordered