3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:50 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

storage under rear seat in quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
jkillman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage under rear seat in quad cab

Is that storage area metal under the carpet?? I was thinking of taking out the rear seat and seat belts completly (since i dont use them that much) and making the floor flat by taking out the storage compartments. It would be like a regular cab with 4 doors. Or I was thinking about putting 2 bucket seats in the back, like the front 2. Anyways, my question is is it possible to pull out the storage area under the carpet of the rear seat to make the floor flat?? I would like to know before I take all the carpet up for nothing.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Umm, No. The humps are part of the floor mold. You do realize Dodge trucks have what they call flat storage trays that bolt under the back seat! You fold the seats up out of the way and then fold over the flat storage tray.
Why even bother putting buckets back there? Waste of $$$$$ and they prob wouldn't fit. Why did you get a quad cab in the first place? This is a ridiculous question.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 AM
jkillman
Professional

well thanks guy. a simple no would have suffised. it might sound stupid to you and maybe everyone else, but its what i wanna do so you dont gotta be an *** about it.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 PM
codiac
Professional

I've got the flat load floor, and I put down some carpet leftover from my basement and it's great for hauling things inside out of the rain, as well as my dog, she loves being able to wander around back there. I rarely have people in the back, but it's nice to have the option for people or luggage, or both.

I just cut the carpet to fit around the brackets and it doesn't slide around, and it comes out really easy to put the floor away and drop the seats.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:13 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i've done something like that before in my previous trucks.unfortunately the humps are part of the floor mold like some people have previously stated.but you could put buckets in if you wanted to.but,its gonna be alot of work your gonna have to fab up seat mounts and the whole nine yards.hey its your truck and if you want to do all of that work to make the truck to like what YOU want then i say go for it.if seen alot of stuff done to trucks that i didn't even think was possible.i think its a good idea i wish i had the time and money to do it.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
sos
All Star

Yeah I think what you are talking about is a lot of work. If you have some money to spend, just go buy the fold flat floors and you'll have the flat back you're looking for with a lot less work.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
jkillman
Professional

Thanks for the advise guys. codiac, where did you get the load floor. I think thats what Im gonna go for. I would do the bucket seats, i know they would fit, ive seen them before, but too much money. i got bigger things to worry about for now...maybe later.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Umm, No. The humps are part of the floor mold. You do realize Dodge trucks have what they call flat storage trays that bolt under the back seat! You fold the seats up out of the way and then fold over the flat storage tray.
Why even bother putting buckets back there? Waste of $$$$$ and they prob wouldn't fit. Why did you get a quad cab in the first place? This is a ridiculous question.
There's a difference between voicing your opinion and just being a dick...

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 11-18-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 PM
codiac
Professional

Floor was in it from the factory. Plenty on eBay, searching for "dodge ram flat" seemed to pull the most results. This one is advertised as already carpeted, not sure if that was factory, mine is an '04 and it is metal, the 06 and up might already have carpet. I like my carpet on it as it makes it more level and my dogs feet don't fall into the cup holders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...ies#ht_500wt_0

Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
6 hemi ram
Professional

i just checked them out on ebay and they are for those of us that have a 60/40 split rear seat. (Ididnt even know it was an option) that is a nice addition, however i dont have the split rear seats. it is late now and ill have to check to make sure that the rear seat braces are the same or different on a full back seat but i doubt it. damn! i would like to have a set of those since i haul the dog and groceries all the time. maybe i can make me something like it.

Quick Reply: storage under rear seat in quad cab