3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ford commercial.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:18 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Ford commercial.

HAs anyone seen the new Ford truck commercial where they are in a restaurant bragging about trucks and Toby Keith strolls up and pulls frame sections from ford, dodge and gm out of a bag????

Can someone tell me the difference between what they show as a Dodge frame, and what is shown as a Ford frame. They are both box construction. Looked like a bunch of BS to me.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Ford commercial.

They did this at a new demo day for the F-150 late in 03 before they came out. I attended b/c I worked at the ferd dealership. They used a reg cab f-150 short bed and compared the torsional deflection of (it looked like) a crew cab long bed. Well duh. Give me a lever long enough (frame) and I can move the whole truck ya dumb asses. It was a rather unfair test. I asked about it and I just got a BS reply. To Dodge's credit it had the least amount of deflection right after the Ferd (of course) Next was the Chevy and then the Toyota. I personally haven't seen that commercial yet, but I suppose it is similar to the "torsional strength test". Did they use the Titan frame, too? Also, have you seen the other 2 commercials by Toyota downing Ford on hauling and reliability claims? Seems like everyone is fighting tooth and nail for customers.

Old 06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
SlopMeister

I think the Ram's frame is smaller in girth.

Anyways, just for fun here are some more of those "tests". You may have already seen it.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/

Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
moparturd
Banned

The frame sections looked basically the same. I thought that maybe the ford was a thicker metal which you couldn't see in the commercial.

I did see the Toyota commercials as well. Ford is really getting the heck beat out of them there.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Drew
Professional

I saw that toyota comercial as well. . .

I just want to know when Ford will build a power plant that actualy performs in their trucks. I was out driving the shop truck again. . .yawn

Old 06-28-2005, 04:09 PM
rayk2002Ram

I liked the Lincoln pulling the Escalade out of the boat launch myself.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Phatboy
Professional

i think it is funny that the only thing the Ford fram had over the Dodge is the fact that it is taller, and it looked a little odd shaped there on the one side, kind of ovalish. I also liked the video with the disclaimer *When Properly Equipped. LOL. Maybe they should work on something else as a slogan,

"Our seats filter 25% more farts than Chevy or Dodge, this is done by stuffing charcoal ashes into the seats" that might be a better angle of attack.

or

"Our trucks are so ugly if your kids drive one they will get no attention from the opposite sex, Ford - Abstinence is Job #1"

or

"the next F-150, the biggest turd on the road"

or

"Hey at least we're not a Daewoo"

or

"When I grow up I want to be a DODGE RAM"

or

"Can't polish a turd, so dont bother washing this truck...."

Okay I am done......

Charlie

Old 06-28-2005, 04:27 PM
FatherKind
Rookie

I'm not one to bash other designs, I drove a Bronco for 10 years and put over 200k miles on it and sold it for a good amount of $$$. I currently am in the market for a Ram 1500, and I have driven my Dad's Tahoe.

I hate it when these so called "tests" show that one design is better than all the others when in fact the test is skewed. It is my OPINION that all pickups are on par when compared side by side. Some have more power than others, some are quieter, some tow more, others have more convenience features.

Show me an unbiased comparison with all the brands in an apples-to-apples test, then you'll convince me that one truck is better suited to my needs.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

anybody notice how they are soo bias'd to ford, lol

Old 06-28-2005, 05:10 PM
moparturd
Banned

"Our seats filter 25% more farts than Chevy or Dodge, this is done by stuffing charcoal ashes into the seats" that might be a better angle of attack.
ROFLMFAO!

Ford is just trying to justify that heafty price tag on those trucks since they can't out tow, outrun, look better, or whatever else you can come up with over a Dodge.

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial.