3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear tire fell off what to fix now

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
eray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear tire fell off what to fix now

been fixing my old truck for bout a year since i paid for an engine and its been hell ever since 2004 dodge ram 1500 2wd 4.7 220k iv done front wheel bearings, brakes, front end tierods/balljoints/control arms/sway bar links, valve covers, intake manifold, coils, plugs, throttle body, power steering pump, water pump, fuel pump, condensor fan, pcv valve, sensors coolant temp/rear speed/air temp/map/throttle position/iac, several vacuum leaks and the dreaded gas tank rollover valve i just did today 4/25/24 and paid for some nice sounding pipes 90% of work done in the last few months i needed a hobbie i ges single dad so bored but out for test drive after getting the tank back on and rear driver tire damn near fell off my daughter hand tightened them and i was ******* the truck since shes been running lean (two lines broke on tank) but now bent lugs and caliper is beat up wheel is all scarred up and grinding/whining sound any ideas on what to order as you can see im handy i just wanna drive my truck again been stuck in a car for a week and this happens my luck sucks

Inside wheel driver rear

Last edited by eray; Yesterday at 07:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Pull it apart and have a look. Pull the caliper as well, make sure none of the hardware is bent. Replace the lug nuts and studs at the very least. Check the wheel bearing on that side as well. (jack up the rear, both tires off the ground, turn it by hand. If it feels crunchy/notchy AT ALL, replace the bearing.

Quick Reply: Rear tire fell off what to fix now