RE: Replace power steering pump
This is from the DC service manual. Sorry, I couldn't get the illustrations to copy. Hope it helps.
REMOVAL - GAS
(1) Drain and siphon the power steering fluid from
(2) Remove the serpentine belt.
CAUTION: Do not remove the fitting on the pump
that the high pressure hose screws into. The fitting
may come loose unless it is backed up using
another wrench. If the fitting does come loose, it
must be retightened before continuing. (57 - 67Nm,
40 - 50 lbft) If this fitting comes out of the pump
body, the internal spring and valve parts will fall out
of the pump and they cannot be reinstalled properly.
If this occurs the pump needs to be replaced
with a new pump.
(3) Disconnect the return hose. (Fig. 2)
(4) Disconnect the pressure hose. (Fig. 2)
(5) Access to remove the three bolts securing the
pump to the cylinder head can be gained thru the
pulley holes. (Fig. 2)
INSTALLATION - GAS
(1) Align the pump with the mounting holes in the
left cylinder head.
(2) Install 3 pump mounting bolts through the pulley
access holes. Tighten the bolts to 28 N·m (21 ft.
(3) Reconnect the pressure line and return hose to
the pump and reservoir. Tighten the pressure line to
37 N·m (27 ft. lbs.).
(4) Install the serpentine drive belt, (Refer to 7 -
COOLING/ACCESSORY DRIVE/DRIVE BELTS -
(5) Fill the power steering pump, (Refer to 19 -
STEERING/PUMP - STANDARD PROCEDURE).