3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water pooling under back seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:21 AM
overhulser01@msn.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pooling under back seat

Just bought a brand new 06 quadcab and was showing it off over the weekend to find both storage bins under the rear seat full of clean water. Has anyone ever had this happen? I am guessing it's the rear window seal but nothing else around is wet. It goes back to the dealer Weds. Any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Default RE: Water pooling under back seat

That's weird that it would happen on a new truck like that. I had it happen to a '98 Ranger I had once, but that thing was severely beaten off-road and it was from all of the flex that the rear window seal had started leaking.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

May the dumb f**k lot porter used a pressure washer to remove the protective film that factory put on the rear window instead of peeling it off.
I caught them doing that to mine and the pressure washer was forcing water past the seals on the slider.
No problem with gully washer storms we get here in Florida.
Dry it out and set up your lawn sprinkler to rain on it for an hour and check it again.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Erock509
Veteran

I had a similar problem but with the windshield, I noticed a few water marks on the inside of the windshield. It almost looks like the windshield is missing a seal, but i think the new trucks have the seal underneath?? I need to look into this more, it may be related to the other post about loose windshields. And with the back, a few times when i washed the truck, afterwards there were water marks on the back inside of the window, I think the window seals just suck.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 AM
djr04
All Star

I had the same problem, either a buddy of mine didn't seal the sliding window right, or the pressure washer caused it. Dealership checked it out and couldn't reproduce the problem, and I haven't had water back there since.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Rgory
Rookie

Well I would definetly check it out with a hose, or sprinkler, or car wash. As myself and some other members on here have had problems with water coming in our new 06's. When I took mine back to the dealer they claimed it was the seal around the 3rd brake light. They had that and the window resealed and now no more problems.

Best of luck to you,

Ryan

Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
jager

thanks for the heads up on the back window... I've had an f-150 and those are notorious for that... I haven't seen any moisture yet but it doesn't mean it wont start! So I better be carefull at the car wash also right?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I had a similar issue... self caused though. Ran my attenna for XM out the 3rd breaklight, didn't seal it right away. Idiot. Of course it rained right away, and the water got in. Sealed it, fine now.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Phatboy
Professional

The day I picked my 05 up it was raining and my son was in the backseat saying he was getting wet. Turns out the seal around the 3rd brake light was shot.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
tharleywood
Default Water pooling under back seat

I had the issue with my 07 crew cab RAM. The dealership said it was a window seal which was fixed. The problem still presists. Any new ideas how to correct the problem?

Last edited by tharleywood; 03-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Water pooling under back seat