3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Happy Freakin Valentine's Day **Lots-o-pics**

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:31 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Freakin Valentine's Day **Lots-o-pics**

Well, the ol' lady was in an accident yesterday. Some lady tried to beat a yellow light and didnt make it. Hit the wife broadside, right in the drivers door. Threw the D into a curb, spun it around, stopping 3 lanes over. Everyone's ok, though the ol' lady was/is real shook up. Don't know how much true damage there is, prolly wont total it. Which sucks, cause now we have a 'rebuilt' truck.

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  017.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  019.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  33.1 KB

Name:  020.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  021.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  93.8 KB
Whats the oil spot right here on the inside of the tire? I suspect its a busted brakeline......
Name:  027.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  33.4 KB
This was taken from under the truck. IDK what the hell that is, any insight?
Name:  018-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  81.0 KB

These were taken just the other day....
Name:  005-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  108.3 KB

Name:  004-1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  83.7 KB

So, any analysis on the amount of damage there is? Hard to say from lookin at pictures, I know. Doesnt look to be any serious underbody damage, but thats from a very untrained eye.

Im just glad the wife was ok, besides the seatbelt "injuries" along the chest/shoulder. Deep down Im glad the bitch that hit her is ok too

Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad everyone is ok. The damage looks to be at least a couple thousand.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:36 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

that sucks. glad everyone is ok. it doesnt look like it will be totaled

Old 02-15-2009, 12:43 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

what kind of car hit her and how fast was she going?
those durangoes can take a hit
it looks definitely repairable.
i hate those people who try to run red lights. it really annoys me and they pust their luck way to far.
one time i was waiting at a stoplight and when the light turned green the car in front of me went. the car was already almost to the other side when this car came flying behind him going the opposite direction. i mean, come on, the light had been red for some time and even people were crossing the road. he came right in the middle of me and the other car. im glad i took my time when the light turned green.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:06 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

same thing happened to me. the light turned green and i waited a sec then started going. as im in the middle of the intersection i see this car coming at me in the corner of my eye!! i slammed on my brakes and he swerved into oncoming traffic to avoid me. he would have nailed my right in my drivers door going 40-45 and i had my windows down. and all i got was a courtesy wave and "im sorry"

Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

repairable? yes, but I think if you took it to the right place you could get it totaled. Just from the pics there is easily 8-10k in damage. Unfortunately its an 07 and hasnt depreciated that much so th value is probably in the 15-17k range. Yeah the oil spot looks like a busted brake line, and the bar under the spare tire looks like one of the not so necessary susupension braces. doesnt look too strong to begin with. I'm suprised the airbags didnt deploy, although it was a complete side impact so thats prob why.

Although I cant stand sue-happy people, this is a situation where you could probably get a few bucks outta the lady in court for being a MORON. Certainly enough to get a new durango in case this one doesnt get totaled. Best of luck man, keep us posted, and glad everyone was ok.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
same thing happened to me. the light turned green and i waited a sec then started going. as im in the middle of the intersection i see this car coming at me in the corner of my eye!! i slammed on my brakes and he swerved into oncoming traffic to avoid me. he would have nailed my right in my drivers door going 40-45 and i had my windows down. and all i got was a courtesy wave and "im sorry"
well this time the guy was already across the road. i cant believe he still thought he could make it. im sure he noticed that people were already crossing the street

Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by raminator08
well this time the guy was already across the road. i cant believe he still thought he could make it. im sure he noticed that people were already crossing the street
there were people already stopped at the light and the guy still went through. thats how long it was red!!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
there were people already stopped at the light and the guy still went through. thats how long it was red!!
yup, there was one guy since it was a 2 lane road and all the people going the oppisite way were stopped two. on my direction, both sides were going. as i said before, the guy in front me was already pretty much across the road and the people going the opposite direction my way were about to enter my side of the road when this maniac came flying through. it could have been like a 5 car pile up if everyone didnt seem to be having a slow day

Old 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Things could have been worse thats for sure. Glad Mama is ok tho.

Quick Reply: Happy Freakin Valentine's Day **Lots-o-pics**