4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Financing a RAM After Lease...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Sniper_Merc
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Financing a RAM After Lease...

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. (mods move if necessary)

#$*(@)#*^$@#*^%^*&$%

Ok, so..... Lease is up on our 2011 Ram 1500, Girlfriend spends a day running around Phoenix area looking for a dealership to finance the remainder on the truck because we want to keep it.

When you take into account that all these dealerships are RAM dealers, the following problems makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

First dealership.... No we can't help you. (Earnhardts Gilbert Dodge.) Gave her some bull**** story about them getting screwed over on an out of state truck financed through them once and that they couldn't do it any longer.

Second dealership.... (Tempe Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram) An evaluation has to be done on the truck and the financed amount will be based on that valuation..... (never heard of this before, either of us)

Now the value of the truck runs anywhere from $24k to $26k based on my own research. What is left from the payments we made so far is around $19k which is what I thought the amount to finance would be based on, but not according to the second dealership in Phoenix.

So today, 8-18-2014 I take the truck back to the dealership where we originally bought the truck, Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Omaha for the "Evaluation" Come to find out that no, an evaluation isn't necessary and that Baxter could arrange the financing based on the left over amount from the original lease ($19k)

The first dealership later called back the GF telling her that yes they could help us finance the truck but by this time we had already arranged it through Baxter.

The second dealership (BASTARDS) down in Phoenix tried to add $5k to $7k of value on the truck to finance us at a higher rate, basically trying to sell us our own truck at the perceived value of the truck. NOT what the leftover was from the lease....

Have you ever felt like you were being jerked around?

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Props to Dave Wennekamp at Baxter for arranging the financing properly for us.

You other two ********, FU and the horse you rode in on.....

http://www.earnhardtsgilbertdodge.com/ thumbs down (sign on their website says "No Bull Since 1951" yeah right shoulda said Full of Bull)

http://www.tempechryslerjeepdodge.net/ (donkey punch to the *****)

http://www.baxterchryslerjeepdodge.net/ Two Thumbs Up!!!

Just a word to the wise kids, keep your guard up whenever dealing with a car dealership....

Old 09-17-2014, 07:23 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sniper_Merc
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. (mods move if necessary)

#$*(@)#*^$@#*^%^*&$%

Ok, so..... Lease is up on our 2011 Ram 1500, Girlfriend spends a day running around Phoenix area looking for a dealership to finance the remainder on the truck because we want to keep it.

When you take into account that all these dealerships are RAM dealers, the following problems makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

First dealership.... No we can't help you. (Earnhardts Gilbert Dodge.) Gave her some bull**** story about them getting screwed over on an out of state truck financed through them once and that they couldn't do it any longer.

Second dealership.... (Tempe Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram) An evaluation has to be done on the truck and the financed amount will be based on that valuation..... (never heard of this before, either of us)

Now the value of the truck runs anywhere from $24k to $26k based on my own research. What is left from the payments we made so far is around $19k which is what I thought the amount to finance would be based on, but not according to the second dealership in Phoenix.

So today, 8-18-2014 I take the truck back to the dealership where we originally bought the truck, Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Omaha for the "Evaluation" Come to find out that no, an evaluation isn't necessary and that Baxter could arrange the financing based on the left over amount from the original lease ($19k)

The first dealership later called back the GF telling her that yes they could help us finance the truck but by this time we had already arranged it through Baxter.

The second dealership (BASTARDS) down in Phoenix tried to add $5k to $7k of value on the truck to finance us at a higher rate, basically trying to sell us our own truck at the perceived value of the truck. NOT what the leftover was from the lease....

Have you ever felt like you were being jerked around?

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Props to Dave Wennekamp at Baxter for arranging the financing properly for us.

You other two ********, FU and the horse you rode in on.....

http://www.earnhardtsgilbertdodge.com/ thumbs down (sign on their website says "No Bull Since 1951" yeah right shoulda said Full of Bull)

http://www.tempechryslerjeepdodge.net/ (donkey punch to the *****)

http://www.baxterchryslerjeepdodge.net/ Two Thumbs Up!!!

Just a word to the wise kids, keep your guard up whenever dealing with a car dealership....
Woodhouse CJDR in Blair is the place to go. That's where I got my ride. Best experience I've ever had.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:58 PM
mike2810
Captain

I take it your purchasing the truck rather than another lease. if so you could have tried a credit union for financing the amount.

As far as Earnhardts Gilbert Dodge I purchased my 09 ram from them. They actually were good to work with. But that was a time when 0% and other incentives were available.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Sniper_Merc
Amateur

I take it your purchasing the truck rather than another lease.
Yep, what I don't understand is why such a hassle, It's like they didn't want our business down in Phoenix so either told us to go someplace else or tried to screw us out of several thousand dollars.

I can tell you this. We also got a full maintenance package as well as extended 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty, I won't be taking the truck to either dealership for service or repairs. Already looked into a third dealership in Phoenix for that.

Eventually I will be moving down to Phoenix with the truck and the rest of our stuff, (still in Omaha working on our house, getting it ready for rent) those dealerships already lost a new car lease/sale for the GF's new car in a few months.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:49 AM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mike2810
... if so you could have tried a credit union for financing the amount.
Second that motion. If you deal with a good credit union they'll take care of everything. Just sign the papers and they'll deal with your current lease company to get the payoff, title and lien information sorted out. Just have them start drafting your new monthly payout our of your account and never look back.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Sniper_Merc
Amateur

Originally Posted by rodslinger
Second that motion. If you deal with a good credit union they'll take care of everything. Just sign the papers and they'll deal with your current lease company to get the payoff, title and lien information sorted out. Just have them start drafting your new monthly payout our of your account and never look back.

We are in a credit union, however they don't like taking on two car loans for the same person, they already have our other car on there books, however when that is paid off we may consider refinancing with them.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:12 AM
mike2810
Captain

Originally Posted by Sniper_Merc
Yep, what I don't understand is why such a hassle, It's like they didn't want our business down in Phoenix so either told us to go someplace else or tried to screw us out of several thousand dollars.

I can tell you this. We also got a full maintenance package as well as extended 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty, I won't be taking the truck to either dealership for service or repairs. Already looked into a third dealership in Phoenix for that.

Eventually I will be moving down to Phoenix with the truck and the rest of our stuff, (still in Omaha working on our house, getting it ready for rent) those dealerships already lost a new car lease/sale for the GF's new car in a few months.
I purchased from Earnhart but I have never have used their service.

On the west side I have had very good service from Larry Miller Dodge on Bell Road.

Never had a leased vehicle. A coworker did what you are doing in purchasing his leased vehicle after the lease was up. He just went back to the dealer he had the lease from. Went pretty smooth.

Guess I didn't realize you could use a different dealer in turning in / purchasing the leased vehicle.

Glad its going to work out for you.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Sniper_Merc
Amateur

Originally Posted by mike2810
I purchased from Earnhart but I have never have used their service.

On the west side I have had very good service from Larry Miller Dodge on Bell Road.
Thanks I'll keep em in mind.

Quick Reply: Financing a RAM After Lease...