4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Play13md
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sszztop
Disconnect your battery terminals. Leave off 10 minutes then reconnect. Should take care of issue.
Try that and try updating the software again. Had to do mine twice. First time the whole system was buggy and nothing seemed to work right. re-downloaded the update and it fixed most problems. Some still exist which I assume will be fix by dodger shortly I hope.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:46 PM
tbird71

I just bought a new 2014 express but NOT with that fancy radio

Noooooooo Problems with the basic 3.0, xm is fine which is all i care about anyway. I had heard about these problems with that hi rollin radio b4 and purposely stayed away from it. Glad I did.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:27 PM
friskybri

Purchased new 2015 ram two months ago. Took my truck in February 29th to have brake controller installed. After they installed it my Ucconect ac is in Celsius and not Fahrenheit. When switching to the radio it goes full cold, switch back to climate and set the temp again. Move to any other screen and it goes full cold. Dealer couldn't find any fault codes so they ordered a new radio unit. That didn't fix the issue. They took out the brake controller and that didn't fix the issue. They are stuck and have no idea what is causing this. The dealer was nice enough to give me a loaner. I called the dodge customer care and they have no idea and told me to pick up my truck. I told them I will keep the loaner until you fix this. Seams to me that dodge corp does not care and said they will call next week and see how its going.
I told the dealer how about move my radio to another truck to see if the second radio is fried or if it works fine in that truck. Then how about do it the old fashioned way of work back from the problem. Something is causing it to be in Celsius vs Fahrenheit. Silence on the phone.
Any idea what is causing this. Seams like admin is deleting my posts.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:29 PM
NMRam
Rookie

One replacement 8.4N and two REFLASHES on my 2013.

Last edited by NMRam; 09-13-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:44 PM
rich6111
Amateur

had problems with my 17 ,3 times to dealer and still not fixed. most of the time they say it is normal or operating as designed. they should put "as is" on the sticker.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:07 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I've seen two complaints about this, Rich6111, but neither one explained the issue you're having. Are you just venting, or are you hoping to get some help from the forum? If hoping for help, you'll need to provide a description of what the symptoms are.

-Rod

Old 12-23-2018, 05:32 AM
rich6111
Amateur

the radio goes on and off by self,changes channels, scans,goes to media and volume goes all the way up. 3 times to dealer no fix. no problem found, operating as designed. this is how they take care of warranty. had other problems with same results. going to try another dealer.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:13 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

A high end scan tool, as well as the dealer scan tool, can access the radio diagnostics as well as have the ability to reset the radio. Do you know if the dealer has tried to run diagnostics on the radio and/or tried to reset it? You could try pulling the fuse for the radio for 45 minutes or so to see if that will reset it before bothering with the dealer again.

You're correct, that behavior is definitely not "as designed." But if the dealer is not able to duplicate the issue they cannot necessarily afford to spend a bunch of time waiting for it to happen either. After the 3rd, or maybe even the 2nd visit for the same complaint I'd think they'd be checking with corporate for approval to replace the unit though even though they were unable to duplicate the issue. Trying a different dealer may be your best approach. You probably should provide the different dealer with the paperwork from the first dealer to maybe speed up the urgency with with they pursue replacing the unit.

Good luck!

-Rod

Old 12-23-2018, 09:56 AM
rich6111
Amateur

they have reset and repogramed 3 times. each time working as designed. have they not heard of trouble shooting a problem? They could afford to spend a little time with me when i laid out $45,000 to them. every time i talk to someone with a ram they say the same thing about their warranty.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by rich6111
they have reset and repogramed 3 times. each time working as designed. have they not heard of trouble shooting a problem? They could afford to spend a little time with me when i laid out $45,000 to them. every time i talk to someone with a ram they say the same thing about their warranty.
FCA got your money. Not the techs. They don't get paid for diagnosis, or, if they do, it might be a half hour.... That's the problem with doing warranty work, it doesn't pay worth beans.

Quick Reply: RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014