4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger Side Rear Quad Cab Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:29 AM
moparonly0912
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Rear Quad Cab Door Lock

Have a 2010 1500 Quad Cab, and all of a sudden the rear passenger door lock will lock with the fob and switch ok, but sometimes, more often than not, it wont unlock. It seems to work fine when it unlocks all the doors when i open the drivers door, but not when i use the fob or switch. warranty just ran out, so trying to wait before i go to the dealer... anything is appreciated.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by moparonly0912
Have a 2010 1500 Quad Cab, and all of a sudden the rear passenger door lock will lock with the fob and switch ok, but sometimes, more often than not, it wont unlock. It seems to work fine when it unlocks all the doors when i open the drivers door, but not when i use the fob or switch. warranty just ran out, so trying to wait before i go to the dealer... anything is appreciated.
There is a technical service bulletin 23-009-10 related to your issue. The dealer can inspect for the condition.
SUBJECT:
Rear Quad Cab Door Will Not Power Lock And Unlock
OVERVIEW:
This involves removing rear quad cab door trim panel and rerouting the power lock and
unlock wire harness away from the bell crank on the right and/or left side.
MODELS:
2009 - 2010 (DS) RAM 1500 Pickup
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built before April 15, 2009 (MDH0415XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a condition where the rear quad cab door on the right and/or left side will not lock or unlock using the FOBIC or door panel switches.
NOTE: The rear quad cab doors will lock and unlock properly in all manual
operations.

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Rear Quad Cab Door Lock