Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

My RT Hood for Your Stock Hood (IN/KY/OH/IL)...SOLD!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 12:31 PM
vodapas
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My RT Hood for Your Stock Hood (IN/KY/OH/IL)...SOLD!!

Sorry for the long title, couldn't think of a better way to get my point across. Anyhow, like the title says I'm looking to find someone in my area who would like to trade their standard 4th gen hood for my RT's "Sport Appearance" (or whatever they call it) hood. Here's the criteria I'm looking for:
  • Brilliant Black paint code.
  • Equal condition to mine. (My truck is a 2011 with a little under 12,000 on the clock and has been garage kept most of her life. The paint isn't perfect but damn close.)
  • Willing to travel to my location.
  • Willing to participate in the process of swapping of the hoods.
That's pretty much it. Like I said my hood isn't perfect, there's one rock chip that I'm going to look at getting filled when my truck goes into the shop. Other than that though it's basically like getting a new hood for pretty substantial savings depending on how far you're driving from.

Like my profile says I'm located in Bloomington, IN. So, pretty much SW Indiana. I've got a decent sized two car garage with plenty of tools so weather will not be a factor.

If you're interested let me know. We can trade close up shots of the hoods and such. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails My RT Hood for Your Stock Hood (IN/KY/OH/IL)...SOLD!!-img_0182.jpg  

Last edited by vodapas; 09-12-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added Required Pic
Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 PM
dmusika

I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers here considering that hoods a $800 upgrade. Why are you wanting to trade btw, just dont like the look of it?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM
vodapas
Rookie

Originally Posted by dmusika
I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers here considering that hoods a $800 upgrade. Why are you wanting to trade btw, just dont like the look of it?
That's a good question. Probably should of mentioned that. I don't dislike the looks of the hood. It's just that I tend to like my vehicles kind of understated. The RT hood is just a little showy for my taste and like you said I know there are a lot of people who would love to have an RT hood. So, I figure if I can find somebody to swap with it'll make for two happy owners.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
ram10
Amateur

is that the metallic black?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmusika
Not to mention its 800 bucks for two little plugged holes on either side...best to pay 800 bucks and do a custom ram air hood if your going to do that :P JMO all looks no performance (Im siding with the poster haha)

Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 PM
vodapas
Rookie

Originally Posted by ram10
is that the metallic black?
Sure is. As far as I know that's the only type of black Dodge has used for quite a while.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:06 AM
ewb
Rookie

FYI, I tried doing a deal swapping door handles and was told to post a pic. Said it was against their rules not to post a pic with things for sale and I tried telling them on here I had nothing to sell. Ya might want to post a pic of your hood so you dont harrassed here for not posting a pic. I know I did. I just told them to remove my ad for wanting to swap parts. Hitting up craigslists all over for the swap now.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:27 AM
vodapas
Rookie

Originally Posted by ewb
FYI, I tried doing a deal swapping door handles and was told to post a pic. Said it was against their rules not to post a pic with things for sale and I tried telling them on here I had nothing to sell. Ya might want to post a pic of your hood so you dont harrassed here for not posting a pic. I know I did. I just told them to remove my ad for wanting to swap parts. Hitting up craigslists all over for the swap now.
Appreciate it. I'll post up a pic tomorrow after I wash her.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock hood in brilliant black on my 2011. Im in Des Moines, Iowa. Looks like a 500 mile drive. Not too shabby, couple tanks of gas either way. I might be able to make the trip Friday the 16th if you are interested.

Last edited by Shibby927; 09-11-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
vodapas
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shibby927
I have a stock hood in brilliant black on my 2011. Im in Des Moines, Iowa. Looks like a 500 mile drive. Not too shabby, couple tanks of gas either way. I might be able to make the trip Friday the 16th if you are interested.
I'm pretty well free that entire weekend so that'll work for me. I'm getting ready to go wash her here in a bit so I'll get some good pics for you after she's cleaned up.

I'm from IL originally so I can tell you most of your journey will be smooth interstate sailing. But, the last part, not so much. B-town is out in the middle of nowhere. There's a pretty nice straight shot down from Indy, but of course there's major construction on it and I would avoid that route on a Friday unless you enjoy sitting in the same place for 15 minutes at a time.

Quick Reply: My RT Hood for Your Stock Hood (IN/KY/OH/IL)...SOLD!!