Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2011 Dodge Caliber - How to clean fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Pamela Lodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dodge Caliber - How to clean fuel injectors

Ok so bear with me im new here and sorta new to the mechanics of the auto world, I am a quick learner and as such have done so far on my car, change spark plugs, change oil, replace the breaks, tie rods, lower control arms (on both sides)
So it started with my car stalling 5 mins from the house.... get it back there is molasses in my tank... (bf at the time now ex) cleaned out the tank...the fuel pump replaced it back put in fuel injector cleaner and ran great for 3 days.... then again she stall just short way from house.... this time it was kerosene... mechanic/tower truck could smell and so could i. Growing up with 2 brothers and a father as mechanics you know the difference. Again cleaned and replaced. Stalled next day .... so kicked out the bf/ex he was the cause..... bought new pump, new gas new fuel injector cleaner. It ran for about 10 mins and then the check engine light came on flashed 7 time then off.. every time i reved it up to 3000 rpms she would be rough idle, check engine would come on flash 7 times and off idling it did it again.... then died... now she wont catch at all. She will turn over but its like the gas aint getting there...... ive researched and searched... about codes check engines etc even how to clean out the fuel injectors but alas nothing good. CAN Someone please help a lady in distress thanks.

Last edited by Pamela Lodge; 09-09-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The best way to clean them in the car is with a high pressure cleaning kit that connects to the test port in the fuel rail uses a high pressure cleaner. This is how most shops do it. You might try Amazon or Ebay for a kit. I have never purchased one myself, but should be easy enough to use.

Not sure what the ex was trying to prove by messing up your car, then fixing it.. Weird!!

Old 09-16-2016, 02:47 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Get 4 new ones. Stop running around in circles. Post the trouble codes you have. The 3,000 rpm in neutral is normal.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-16-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge Caliber - How to clean fuel injectors