Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan... new features

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
wildbill
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan... new features

I was just looking through one of the GC pamphlets and I have to admit I'm pretty impressed at some of the new features they've thrown into the '08 model. I think the whole swivel n go/stow n go options are pretty clever, but I really liked the Sirius TV options. It says they included 35 new or improved features. Not to mention, it looks pretty good..... for a minivan.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 PM
watchout
Default RE: 2008 Grand Caravan... new features

I agree that's why I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. We should get it early December...

Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
wildbill
Veteran

Really? That's sounds great!

May I ask which features you decided to go with? Swivel/stow n go, engine (3.3, 3.8, 4.0),.. etc.?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 AM
watchout

2008 SXT, pkg N, Infotainment system, Towing. So it will have the 4.0L, 2nd row swivel with table(of course), sun roof, tow package (upgraded cooling and fluids), my-gig, navigation, 500w stereo, Sirius TV-News-Radio, and cloth seats (I hate leather). I also did not get the electric 3rd row stow. The color is sandstone. I know I'm out of my mind but I'm trading in a 2005 Chrysler 300C (hemi) with 8,500 miles on this van. We like doing weekend trips and although the 300 is a large sedan, we're still pretty cramped, so I figured it's time to grow up(for now) and get something a little more practicle that I won't have to baby so much. And I hope with all the geeky toys and gadgets in the van it'll help me forget I don't have 340 horses below me anymore....

Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
wildbill
Veteran

Wowzers! Sounds like you really went all out. I'm with you on the leather seats... hot as hell in the summer and freezing in the winter. Not to metion it starts to crack in a few years if you don't take perfect care of it.

You mentioined you got Sirius tv and a nav system-- you didn't happen to get the year of Sirius traffic did you? I saw that as an option on the Grand Caravan website and it looked pretty cool. I would be interested to see how it works. Other than that, congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you "tricked it out" pretty good (for a family van )

Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 AM
watchout

I believe the Sirius Traffic is part of the Sirius package automatically - 1 year free.

I'm trying to get more info on the my-gig system. I'm hearing that you don't really get 20gb for music. The drive is divided up for the Nav, Pics and OS so it may only be about 6gb for music.

We are scheduled to start being built on 11/21. I can't wait.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 PM
wildbill
Veteran

If you find any more info on the my-gig system, please post. I was looking for more info on that and I didn't se too much on the Dodge site. Even if your only left with 6 gig, thats still good for 1,000 songs, right?

I see that you scheduled your Caravan to be finished just in time for the holidays. Maybe a little present for yourself???

Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 PM
watchout

Will do.
I know the my-gig link only leads the the Sebring with very little useful info. We even spoke to Dodge and couldn't get any details.

6gb should get you up to about 1500 songs (MP3's) if ripped between 128-192kbps. However, I have about 6200 MP3's which is about 30gb. I would have loved to be able to load 'em and never think about it again. I know, I know, you can't listen to them all at once, but when we go on trips I always skip through a wide variety on my portable MP3 player which I wanted to elimate.

Actually a present for the family..... WE NEED MORE WEEKEND TRIPS!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 PM
wildbill
Veteran

ORIGINAL: watchout

Actually a present for the family..... WE NEED MORE WEEKEND TRIPS!!!
Well I think thats the best reason to get the new Caravan. There isn't another van out there will all the new features that thing has. Good luck!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
jimgansett

Hi
I have a 2008 Grand Caravan, bought in September of this year. I really do like it, in many ways it is a big improvement over previous Caravans (I have been driving Caravans since 1988). I did have some concerns with mine which I will list just so you can be on the lookout.

1) When delivered, the rear bumper scuff plate was incorrectly installed, looking slightly warped in a couple of places (dealer took care of it)

2) After about 2000mi it developed a kind of rattling noise. It turned out that there was a TSB on this problem (according to the dealer) that some 2008s left the factory without the door seals being lubricated. Dealer soaked the door seals in silicon lubricant and that seems to have solved that problem.

My only real complaint with the car is that it seems to ride harsher in the rear suspension than previous Caravans. Dodge used twist-beam suspension in the rear this time and it seems to be definitely harsher over decent size road imperfections most noticably at slow speeds. I would be curious to know if other 2008 owners experienced the same problems.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan... new features