Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Help PLEASE!! Misfire Codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM
blackikon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help PLEASE!! Misfire Codes

I am getting codes P0302 and P0304 for the past several months. I have changed plugs multiple times and it gets better for a few weeks. This past week i changed the oil and plugs and a few days after it started 'stuttering' worse than ever. It is almost stalling it has gotten so bad. I spoke to a couple techs and they insist this is an electrical problem. They suggested the ignition coil. I changed it out this evening, along with fresh plugs and it is the same. It's no better than before. I need some help here guys. I got low dough and this is my wife's daily driver with our two small children. I need to fix this asap. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: Help PLEASE!! Misfire Codes

little info on what kinda vehicle.. and engine would be good.... but sounds to me like you need to have the fuel pressure checked... low fuel pressure will make it act like that

Old 11-27-2007, 11:04 PM
blackikon

Sorry, 2004 3.8L V-6, Grand Caravan w/ 88,000 miles

Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
blackikon

I too thought about the fuel pressure/filter, but when I posed the possibility to a Dodge tech he shot it down as not possible to be a fuel issue and throw a misfire code. Is this so or is it possible for the lack of fuel cause the ECM to through a misfire code?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

it IS possible.. i have put in fuel pumps before for this issue.. if the engine is gettin just enough pressure to run.. but not run properly.. its not getting enough fuel to fully pressurize the fuel rail... which in turn not all cylinders are getting fuel to fire that cylinder.. hence.. misfire... check fuel pressure.. just to rule it out.. just because hes a dodge tech.. dont mean he knows all about every vehicle that comes in the garage...

Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 AM
blackikon

Where do i get the pressure tested? I may just replace the fuel filter and see if that helps, I hope its not a pump. . .$$$

Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
blackikon

Where do i get the pressure tested? I may just replace the fuel filter and see if that helps, I hope its not a pump. . .$$$

Old 11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

you can test it yourself.. get a standard fuel pressure guage.. and check it at the rail.. have to look it up to see what the range should be for your vehicle.. also.. i THINK there is a TSB on this vehicle with spark plug wiring.. check that out as well.. make sure none of them are arcing.. best way to do this is at night.. no lights.. start the vehicle and look under the hood.. if you see blue sparks.. you got crappy wires.. and what kinda plugs did you put in it?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
blackikon

i replaced with OEM plugs

Quick Reply: Help PLEASE!! Misfire Codes