Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Best wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Kevioll
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best wiper blades?

Looking for the best wiper blades for my 02 GC. As you may know, they take a 28" blade which seems to be the biggest size they make. Previously I had a pair of $10 ea cheapees from autozone, got about a year and half out of them but they are showing their age. Due to their long length, they wobble all over the place and make an obnoxious squealing noise, even though they still clear the window pretty well.

New england winters are pretty hard on these and I haven't found winter blades available in this large a size. So I thought I'd go with one of the newer one piece designs. I bought a pair of Anco Contour blades. Not impressed. they don't make complete contact with the glass at the extreme ends of the blades on the drivers side. I tried switching them, driver & passenger sides, but no improvement. Also, they have a built in "spoiler" but because the wipers aren't in the usual side-by-side configuration, one spoiler is upside down, which is basically useless on my van. I'll be returning them ($21 apiece).

Wondering if anyone can recommend a wiper blade that works best for our vans? Thanks!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:06 PM
01grandcaravan

i'm using rain x brand(got it from walmart) for more than 2 yrs now. seem to work well for the price. i have them all on 4 vehicles. squeeks a lot on an 03 vw beetle but works well on the rest(01 gc, 03escalade esv, 93toyota paseo). paseo is not garaged and warped wipers after a year in california weather.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Michelin frameless (Radius?) ones on my van they actually do a pretty good job on the front. The rear one doesn't conform properly to the window but does ok.
I bought them at Costco for abt $13 each. They often go on sale for $10
they were good for the winter but I'll put the factory ones on for summer.
I'm not a big fan of the new frameless design because the don't wrap around the curve of the window very well but on the front windshield of the Van they are pretty good.

http://www.michelinwiper.com/
There is a rebate there for 10 bux off at walmart.
I've heard a few people rave about Bosch wipers. I've never tried them but I've been burned on a few Bosch products...

I've got the Rain-X ones on my truck and they were (still are) pretty good going on 3 summers.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
bullheadpond
Rookie
Default metal

I am picking about being able to see clearly out of the windshield in the rain. Over the years I have found that if you stick with the wiper blades that have metal holding the rubber blade on rather than the plastic ones you will be much better off. Also don't forget to wipe off the rubber on the blades from time to time with just water and a paper towel.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
vabear
Professional
Default Wiper Blades

I assume you mean the inserts. I live in SE Virginia and the summers are hot and humid , my cars are always outside so the inserts are toast every year. I have not found a perfect insert, so I use the TRICO from Advance and just replace every year.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Kevioll
Rookie

I ended up with a pair of Bosch Icon blades. They are a framless design the price was $22 apiece at autozone. There is a different one for right and left altho they are the same 28" size, so the air foil/ spoiler faces the right way on both blades. It's a remarkable different over the Anco, they fit the shape of the glass perfectly.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

I noticed my local Meijer store has something called ' Trico NeoForm Beam Blades'

are these some of these frameless ones u guys are talking about?

they're on sale 2 for $25

Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
sniper69

I use the Bosch Twin 700 (what it says on the package) on my 05. I bought them in Germany (I assume Bosch sells something similar in the states). They are 700mm/28". I have been using them for about 6 months now and they work excellent in the rain and snow.
Here is a pic I gleaned from ebay:

I can take a pic of them on my van if anyone wants to see a better pic.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
surfit

Dealer - O E Ms - seem to work well and last along time - about $10 each.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 AM
jeff618
Amateur

Originally Posted by Pablodragon
I noticed my local Meijer store has something called ' Trico NeoForm Beam Blades'

are these some of these frameless ones u guys are talking about?

they're on sale 2 for $25
I use the trico neoforms and they work great. This last time, I found the 'Trico Tech Beam Blades' online and they work pretty slick. They just came out in late 2009 and what's cool is they have a lower, slightly off-set attachment mounting that allows the wiper arms to sit slightly lower. They’re beefy as hell and look slick with the lower mounts. Wipe clean and quietly without chatter. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. They fit the Dodge Caravan nicely. Picked them up online.

Quick Reply: Best wiper blades?