Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2006 Blower Motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:26 AM
karri0n
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Blower Motor replacement

I bought an 06 caravan from a dealer and the blower stopped working a week after buying. I tried replacing the resistor pack to no avail. I noticed some popping during turning from the driver side axle, so I brought the car back to the dealer under warranty and had them do that, and take a look at the blower. They said the blower motor is dead. The warranty did not cover HVAC, and they quoted me 250 for the RnR. I've looked over a few threads regarding replacement - in particular the following two:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...placement.html

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...ment-help.html

I feel I might be comfortable taking this on myself - I got a good look and plenty of room at the blower motor when I was replacing the resistor pack.

The process involving snapping one of the tabs is listed for an '03, and I saw no mention of it on the 08. This leads me to believe the problematic tab may have been removed on the '08? Is an '06 the same gen as an '08?

My question is - will I need to snap this tab on an 06, and anyone with experience having already snapped this tab off - is there any detriment such as vibration or excess wear on the existing screws/tabs afterwards?

Thanks,

K

Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The 2006 body is a RS body. 2001 thru 2007. 2008 thru 2011 is the RT body. So the answer is yes you would need to break off the tab.

Quick Reply: 2006 Blower Motor replacement