Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Media System Install Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:45 PM
toxshox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media System Install Caravan

I have a 06 Dodge Grand Caravan I'm trying to piece together an install of the media system in it. I've run into a couple problems trying to find some part numbers to some parts listed in the kit, and if i can get them as a individual part without buying the whole kit. I seem to have found some of the part numbers but missing are 7 10 and 4 Media System Install Caravan-media-system-install.jpg might be able to make something work without those but it would be nice to find the headliner template.

So maybe someone either has a template that could be downloaded and printed out or a part number for one that would be great. Those other part number would be nice to have to just so i keep everything looking oem.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

keep in mind this is not a plug and play. dealer has to activate the options. they vehicle may or not have the correct harnesses. also the ves is connected to the media radio as well which if you buy one you must know if its a high speed or low speed unit u require, plus a lot of other features also need modules, like uconnect and speaker off the rear view.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:04 PM
toxshox

from the reading i've done the 06 doesn't have the high and low speed units that happens with the 08 and newer

and you can buy the media system as a kit but costs quite a bit but i've gotten $500 into this project already

Old 08-20-2014, 05:25 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

did not realize it was for 08 and up sorry. used to be site good for this problem is it went down.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:25 AM
toxshox

Maybe someone could measure out the opening used in a caravan without sunroof and without rail system for the roof monitor. Be very helpful to know location from side to side and front to rear.
By now I'm thinking buying the kit would of been easier.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 PM
toxshox

Does anyone know where the power plug is located at on the grand caravan 06 for the dvd player mine is a two cavity white and red connector. someone said it should be be around the cig lighter plug but i have nothing there

Old 08-27-2014, 03:25 PM
toxshox

Still trying to locate a template for cutting the headliner and the plug for the dvd power option it seems i have a plug for the center console in the center of the dash near the floor the instructions say it's wrapped up in the radio harness but I can't seem to find it at all

Old 08-27-2014, 05:49 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

toxshox you probably wount. like i said doing it afterwards sometimes is harder than doing it from factory. reason is that dodge and probably many other manufactorers save money building a standard harness and a upgraded harness for the particular vehicle. so in the initial build you happen to choose a few the required extra options from level of trim you probably have the hardness in there waiting for the hookup. otherwise you rewiring everything yourself.

Originally Posted by toxshox
Still trying to locate a template for cutting the headliner and the plug for the dvd power option it seems i have a plug for the center console in the center of the dash near the floor the instructions say it's wrapped up in the radio harness but I can't seem to find it at all

Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 PM
toxshox

Well the kit instructions indicate that the 2 way cavity should be right along with the radio harness. But there is nothing there that i could tell. Does anyone know what types of connections are used? On a gm vehicles the interior are mostly metri pack 150 unsealed

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
toxshox you probably wount. like i said doing it afterwards sometimes is harder than doing it from factory. reason is that dodge and probably many other manufactorers save money building a standard harness and a upgraded harness for the particular vehicle. so in the initial build you happen to choose a few the required extra options from level of trim you probably have the hardness in there waiting for the hookup. otherwise you rewiring everything yourself.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:44 PM
toxshox

This is a follow up post after everything was installed and done. The template wasn't really necessary to install the dvd over head console I already had the rear air controls so I had a small hole to begin with. It was more of an issue to get the old bracket out since the instructions referenced screws or bolts holding the standard bracket in there mine were riveted ended up sharping a chisel to get them out a drill even with angle head couldn't get back there unless you remove entire headliner wasn't going to do that. To get the dvd bracket in place if you dont have the huge hole that the template helps you cut. All i did was remove the driver side molding that holes the headliner up in place drop it down and slide the dvd bracket in from the side. It was a little difficult to screw it all up since very little clearance. Marked the hole from the top down for the plug the template tells you, you need and had to cut a very little bit of headliner for the front screws of the dvd monitor to be put into place. Wiring wasn't to bad. If i could of found the connectors one could of made the harness much cheaper, you do need shielded wire. The power connecter was near the floor below the radios console area I had gotten the wrong harness first off. Maybe someone might find this helpful I probably should of taken pictures at the time but once you get up in there it's pretty easy to figure out.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Media System Install Caravan