Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

dislike Sherwood Park Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 12:01 PM
pamela24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dislike Sherwood Park Dodge

Bought a 2014 dodge caravan there in the fall. Saturday I was driving to town, drove about 6 kms and the van started misfiring and stalled. Restarted, drove approximately 15 kms, and 1/4 tank fuel the van stalled at an intersection. Wouldnt start, it would just keep cranking over. A guy behind me walked up and said he can smell gas, I popped the hood and and he said fuel coming from the fuel line. I was scared. He said he reattached fuel line, but still leaking. My husband called dodge and spoke to Holy. Starter would be under warranty. Had it towed there. Monday husband gets called and told no warranty, contaminated fuel. He asked about fuel leak, was told they noticed gas on the motor. Chris went down the mechanic had removed the fuel line, took fuel sample and said contaminated fuel. When he turned the key on, fuel sprays out if the line. Mechanic noted fuel on motor and that's was it. Service manager said fuel line must of been removed to change oil filter, last service was in January. Phoned many people. Where did the o ring go, why did fuel line come off when driving? Is the I- ring in pieces in the fuel system?? Why was the leaking gas over looked. Dodge wants 170.00 for diagnostic, and 898 for a starter. Service manager said he would fix gas leak, by pass starter and see if it will start. I have been told by many no.. Murphy's law bad o ring, line pulsating, the o ring will be in pieces in fuel system. Found a shop that will change starter clean and flush entire fuel system for 1200.00.. the van while driving wasn't smoking. Was told that poor fuel pressure ( leak) would cause the stalling. No fuel would cause the starter to keep cranking. Why didn't the mechanic look into the fuel leak.
Was informed that if o ring is in fuel system it would create further problems down the line. And more loss of use of van and maybe an accident

Old 07-07-2015, 12:17 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Sorry for your problems. Good luck.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:34 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

I find that the fuel line would not need to be removed. could be wrong but I think yours is a replaceable core. I think they removed line for some reason and did not replace the o ring back into place. any previous work done to the vehicle"?

Old 07-10-2015, 12:18 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I have a feeling this lady just wanted to vent her frustrations and will not be back. Probably joined every Dodge forum on the planet just to post her complaint.

Old 07-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Wouldnt start, it would just keep cranking over."

"Starter would be under warranty."

Ok, I'm bored. Why are they even looking at changing a starter if the starter is cranking/rotating the engine? Oh and where is Sherwood Park Dodge as if we care. If you're going to diss a dealership it would be nice to know where it is.

Last edited by Cougar41; 07-14-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I would recommend the owner to call customer service center 1-800-992-1997 and see if they could get some help on their problem.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:33 AM
HoytDude
Amateur

I know there is a Sherwood Park near Edmonton, Alberta.

Quick Reply: dislike Sherwood Park Dodge