Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Whining noise sounds like its from trans and check engine light on???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:46 PM
gpzjack
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whining noise sounds like its from trans and check engine light on???

Wife just got in and the van was acting funny....I hear a whining noise from the back of the motor and i assume its the trans....also the check engine light came on at the same time....any ideas....she said she had a loss of power and it was acting funny...Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Whining noise sounds like its from trans and check engine light on???

Is the trans fluid full?

Old 01-01-2006, 03:52 PM
gpzjack
Veteran
Default RE: Whining noise sounds like its from trans and check engine light on???

I checked the fluid and it seemed fine......but it seemed kinda thin on the stick and now im wondering if i shoulda checked again....i checked and got the p0700 code and it seems thats just a generic code pointing to the trans

Old 01-01-2006, 04:05 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran

P0700 is EATX DTC present. Sounds like the front pump may be going bad in the transmission. If you went to the dealer to get the transmission DTCs I would be willing to be there would be a P0944 loss of prime stored in there.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:35 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

Its just crappy timing.....The thing im really worried about is that our dealer really sucks.....I got into a big screaming match with them when the ac compressor went

Old 01-02-2006, 12:30 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

Ahh, I remember that. Is there another dealer around?

Old 01-02-2006, 03:13 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

just got the call......I was told the trans needs a "Overhaul" and that my trans cooler is clogged.....I have a 100 dollar ded on the "Overhaul" that is coverd under warranty...but not the cooler......for a grand total of $370.....Next im gonna get the muffler bearings fixed...LOL Its actually a long lease that i got on it....it goes back in 12 months......I hate to admit it but im looking at Honda which is something i thought i would never do

Old 01-02-2006, 06:25 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran

There is always one bad one in every bunch. Knock on wood our '05 has had 6500 trouble free miles so far.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:35 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

We had a 2000 voyager 4 banger that we bought new and racked up 45000 without a problem other than a set of brakes...

Quick Reply: Whining noise sounds like its from trans and check engine light on???