Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Airbag light comes on for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
allencass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light comes on for no reason

Typing again to see if this gets more looks, and possibly an answer. My wife drives a 2002 caravan eC. The airbag light will intermittently come on and will stay on sometimes. The dealership can not seem to get this to occur when i bring it to them, and they are not sure what could be causing it. it does not comeon all the time, but it does comeon about 75% of the time. any experience with this issue and fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Chump
Captain
Default RE: Airbag light comes on for no reason

ORIGINAL: allencass

Typing again to see if this gets more looks, and possibly an answer. My wife drives a 2002 caravan eC. The airbag light will intermittently come on and will stay on sometimes. The dealership can not seem to get this to occur when i bring it to them, and they are not sure what could be causing it. it does not comeon all the time, but it does comeon about 75% of the time. any experience with this issue and fixes would be greatly appreciated.
What error codes did the dealer find when he scanned the computer?
Are you having any problems with the cruise control or horn?

Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 AM
mech1nxh

^^^^+1^^^^^
clockspring also would be my first area to look at
but its all subjective without codes.
pass air bag had connector issues as well

Old 02-05-2006, 01:38 AM
allencass

they didn't tell me the codes they found, but 2 days ago my wife went into the store and when she came out, she couldn't turn they key at all, wheels were not extremely to the right or left at the time, itried as well with no luck, it is at the dealership as we speak, i should have more info on monday.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:53 PM
allencass

It was the clock spring, repairs for ignition lock system and clockspring and harness, $800.00. that was tih a extended warranty, never again.4 year old car with 18000 miles on it. disgusting amount of money.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Chump
Captain

ORIGINAL: allencass

It was the clock spring, repairs for ignition lock system and clockspring and harness, $800.00. that was tih a extended warranty, never again.4 year old car with 18000 miles on it. disgusting amount of money.
Glad to hear you got it fixed, sorry to hear about the price! That's why I drive a 77 Power Wagon and a 91 Mercury Grand Marquis, I can't afford the poor quality and engineering of the new cars. Thx for getting back to us with the fix!
Regards-Stevo

Old 02-08-2006, 12:19 PM
HeadlessHorseman

Yeah, it sounded like a clockspring alright...

You should run your VIN through Dodge's Recall Check Procedure. The results of this check may (or may not) have some bearing on your current problem and your Dealer may have to fix it FREE by law. To find out if your vehicle has any current unperformed or incomplete recalls or customer satisfaction notifications, get the last 8 characters of your VIN and go here to make sure that your vehicle has had ALL of its recall work done:

http://www-5.dodge.com/webselfservic...m%28%27R%27%29

Old 03-11-2006, 08:29 PM
bflores

I'm having the same problem, I think. 98 Grand Caravan. Airbag light comes on every now and then, but always goes off. BUT: My horn no longer works. When I lock the car with the key fob, the horn beeps as it should. But, pressing on the center of the steering wheel won't sound the horn.

Ideas?

Old 03-12-2006, 11:12 AM
greaseangel
Professional

I had the exact same thing happening on my 97 Caravan. It was the clockspring, and the dealership was ready to charge me that 800 dollars. I was talking about it here, and followed these folks advice, and the dealership ran my VIN. It was under recall! I had it fixed Friday, along with the rear sound barrier (whatever that is). So, I would for sure follow the advice given here, and call the dealership, and have them run your VIN for recalls.

Quick Reply: Airbag light comes on for no reason