Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

? about kerosene

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 05:51 PM
cumminsman123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about kerosene

ive herd if u add it to diesel or just run it staight up it will make ur truck roll coal is this true and is it bad or hard on your motor or any other componants

Old 07-24-2014, 06:54 AM
RDuck
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol. Giver a run.
Roll coal.
Guys that "tune" they're diesels for more power and get heavy black smoke should really go back to school.
Black smoke, "rolling coal", is just unburnt fuel puking out your pipes.
Real cool to see. "Not".
A properly set up diesel will gain power without wasting fuel.
Just a hint of black when you hit it.
While your at it, your pick-up NEEDS stacks.
Isn't that what every goofball does with they're diesel daily driving coal burner?

Kerosene is used more for antigel in the winter. When its -40+.
Sure it will run on straight kerosene. It will run on Varsol too.
Not good for it but hey, its not my diesel.

If you want a bit more bang for your buck out of your fuel you could mix it 80%/20% diesel/gasoline.
I've done it before. Turned my Peterbilt stacks a nice bit of blue.
Told the next driver of the truck when I got a new one and he went too rich. Cooked the 425 Cat. But that was his problem and the company.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes black smoke is unburnt fuel. usually the result of turbo lag while spooling the turbos. In a perfect world with unlimited money there would be no smoke from tuned diesels... but we don't live in a perfect world nor do must of us have unlimited funds. so black smoke from a hopped up diesel is bound to happen. mixing gasoline with diesel is just plain stupid and a good way to destroy turbo's melt pistons, eat injection pumps due to stripping fuel lubricity, etc.. not every diesel driver puts stacks on their trucks...ignorant comment. no kerosine will not hurt your engine as long as it has some form of lubricity additive. you can run straight veg oil too if you really wanted to.. you're not going to get "coal" from kerosine and please don't purposely try to make your truck smoke...diesels are getting enough negative attention because of idiots blowing smoke intentionally, then recording it and putting it on youtube..it has made national news on CNN and that is NOT a good thing... the EPA has been cracking down on us enough lately and that will just fuel their resolve to put an end to diesels in america all together... They have already made emissions so strict on diesels that most companies don't even want to offer a diesel option to the american market, where the euro market literally has 50% of their vehicles with diesel options and EVERY petrol station sells diesel because 1/2 the vehicles on the road over there run on diesel. leave it to retards trying to "roll coal" to eff it up for everyone... yes my truck smokes...hazes at idle, and can black out an entire freeway if I let it...but I drive consciously aware of what happens if I floor it too soon and I let my turbos spool up before hammering down. also run twins to help minimize the smoke, but smoke still happens because I can't afford a supercharger setup or a VGT setup as they add several thousand dollars to the thousands I already have into it... Can't afford to get a n2O kit either and keep refilling a bottle just to run 100% clean.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:21 PM
RDuck
Captain

Lol. So do half a job trying to performance your truck because you can't afford to do it right.
Makes sense.

Yes, too much gasoline can screw up your engine.
But done right when pulling 140000lbs it used to help the old mechanical.
Done wrong, as the next driver did, it blows chit up.
We also use to use propane injection.
That stuffs awesome.

Around here stacks are common in trucks. And they do look stupid.
Especially when its not tuned right and they black out the sun.

Ignorant or not, stop trying to hop up your trucks if you can't afford to do it right.
Sure, buy a peice at a time. But finish it.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose top fuel dragsters aren't built right by your logic either...they smoke at idle and shoot 20' flames out of the header pipes going down the strip with engines and exhaust so loud they can literally be heard indoors with doors and windows shut from 20 miles away... of course they destroy their spark plugs and other various parts every single run, but what do you expect from 8,000-10,000hp out of a 500 cubic inch motor...

Old 07-25-2014, 02:10 PM
RDuck
Captain

Well now your just being silly.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:00 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Id the OP ever going to post back? Is this thread done?

Old 07-25-2014, 04:36 PM
RDuck
Captain

Lol. Probably done.

Quick Reply: ? about kerosene