Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Rear signal light always blinking

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:48 PM
cncninja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear signal light always blinking

I have discovered that the right rear signal light on my 2013 R/T is always on and blinking. The front is not blinking. It has not stopped for two days now. Even with the engine running its blinking .
Has any one experianced this? Im worried that with this cold it will kill my battery. I have an appointment on Monday with the dealer but am thinking I should try to stop this before that.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

That is weird. Quick fix is to remove the bulb.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:29 AM
cncninja

Disconnecting the battery did nothing, as soon as reconnected the signal turned back on. It is also not really turning off and on, but pulsing bright and dim, and it is doing so in a repeatable way like morse code.
Removing the bulb is an option but then I have no signal light on that side.

This morning the remote start would not funtion, and my AWD will not engage, the dash is telling me to get the AWD system serviced.

I think some salty water has gotten into something and causing these problems, shorting something or confusing sensors.

Im lucky the battery did not die and it will start.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:55 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Well I meant take the bulb out while it is parked to keeop the battery from being run down.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cncninja
Disconnecting the battery did nothing, as soon as reconnected the signal turned back on. It is also not really turning off and on, but pulsing bright and dim, and it is doing so in a repeatable way like morse code.
Removing the bulb is an option but then I have no signal light on that side.

This morning the remote start would not funtion, and my AWD will not engage, the dash is telling me to get the AWD system serviced.

I think some salty water has gotten into something and causing these problems, shorting something or confusing sensors.

Im lucky the battery did not die and it will start.
cncninja,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent concerns. Being a 2013, it is likely still under warranty. Your servicing Dodge dealer will be able to pinpoint the root cause and address your concern.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 AM
cncninja

Unfortunalty i have 62,000km on my DJ and its over 1 year old so I dont think the warranty will cover any of this.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Unfortunalty i have 62,000km on my DJ and its over 1 year old so I dont think the warranty will cover any of this.
cncninja,

Your basic warranty is 3 years or 60,000km, which ever comes first. Although you are outside by merage (2,000km) a diagnosis at your dealer would be of benefit. I would recommend speaking directly with the Service Manager as well. Bulbs however, are only covered by a 1 year 20,000km warranty.

Also, feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:53 AM
bigtsr
Captain

It could be a broken wire in the cabin to hatch wire loom.
This has been reported as the cause of funny electrical
problems in that area before.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:30 PM
cncninja

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
cncninja,

Your basic warranty is 3 years or 60,000km, which ever comes first. Although you are outside by merage (2,000km) a diagnosis at your dealer would be of benefit. I would recommend speaking directly with the Service Manager as well. Bulbs however, are only covered by a 1 year 20,000km warranty.

Also, feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.
I will be speaking to the service manager, we are on a first name basis due to the constant Uconnect failures.

Is it standard practise to replace the Uconnects with refurbished units? All of my replacment were refurbs and all failed inside of 60 days.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:27 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

I will be speaking to the service manager, we are on a first name basis due to the constant Uconnect failures.

Is it standard practise to replace the Uconnects with refurbished units? All of my replacment were refurbs and all failed inside of 60 days.
cncninja,

When was your last radio replacement? Are you currently having an issue with your Uconnect.

Quick Reply: Rear signal light always blinking