Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fog light installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
rootercycles
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light installation

Hey all,

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 without the foglights. I ordered an OEM (factory) foglight kit to install. Everything is pretty straightforward in the installation, but before I started ripping apart the dash, I wanted to ask if someone else has done this. There doesn't appear to be any mounting bolts. How do I get the panel off that covers the light switch/selector in the dash? A newlight switchcomes with the kit. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fog light installation

See if this helps, If you are still having problems, call/PM me... There is an easier way than the pics show, but it is hard to describe here. If you call me at work or Pm me your number I can tell you the easy way...

[ol][*]Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.[*]Remove the steering column opening cover.

[*]Remove the screws (2) that secure the top of the instrument cluster bezel (1) to the instrument panel.[*]Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, disengage the two retainer clips that secure the top of the instrument cluster bezel to the instrument panel.[*]Carefully disengage the instrument cluster bezel from the instrument panel opening and remove the bezel.[/ol]

Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 AM
rootercycles
Professional

I'll call you later this morning. There are some instructions in the kit describing how to recalibrate my ECM. Do I need to do this for the truck to recognize the lights?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
burban2002
Veteran

Parts/ service, your diagrams kick a$$

Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
rootercycles
Professional

I got them in and they work great! Thanks for your help Parts/Service! Your sugestions made an all day project into a 2 hour project.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just glad I could help...DAVID

Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i have not yet needed anything from you other than a conversation parts/serivice but after seeing all your diagrams and walk thrus you take time to give us i gotta say one thing.......

Name:  daman.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  24.6 KB
Name:  You_da_man_smile.gif
Views: 53
Size:  10.9 KB
Name:  youdaman.gif
Views: 149
Size:  206.2 KB

Old 01-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Little Foot
Veteran

I installed the kit in my truck don't have them reflash your ecm. Then your fog lights will work with both high and low beams on. My new switch was turned all the way to dim making me think there was a problem during the day, but that evening I figured it out. good luck.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:52 PM
2012 Reg Cab Diesel 4x4
Default Fog Lights/Driving Lights Instal on a 2012 RAM 2500

Hi all, I'm new to the site and a new owner of a 2012 2500 Diesel 4x4 truck. It is a regular cab SLT. I am bolting on a brush guard and will be installing 2 Hella driving lights onto the guard frame. My question is this: I noticed that I do have a Fog Light switch on the dashboard and when it is turned on - the "fog lights on" indication appears on the instr. panel. My truck does not have a factory installed fog lights... Does his mean that the truck is pre-wired for the fog lights and all I need to do is find wires tucked in somewhere behind the bumper or what? You experts out there guide me here a bit... Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Fog light installation