Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Who is the best PCM re-manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 AM
jpbledsoe
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is the best PCM re-manufacturer?

I need to buy a replacement PCM for our 94 Dodge Ram B350 van. The local auto parts store can get Borg Warmer, Cardone and AC Delco PCMs. The BW and Cardone parts are in the $200 to $250 price range (after core return). The AC Delco part is in the $700+ price range.

I'd like some opinions and advice on choosing a PCM, including your experiences with REMAN PCMs, both good and bad experiences. Does AC Delco build new parts from scratch or just do a more thorough job with REMAN? Otherwise, are AC Delco's Dodge PCMs extremely overpriced?

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited by jpbledsoe; 10-23-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Several here have gone the CARDONE way and save $$$. My dad has a 1992 and had a CARDONE put in last year.

When putting one of these ECM/PCM units in, READ the directions first so as not to blow it before it gets a chance to do it's job.

Never heard of anyone ever getting an AC Delco one.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:24 PM
jpbledsoe
Amateur

Thanks.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Chazwel
Professional

Rockauto is where I got mine from.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
jpbledsoe
Amateur

Originally Posted by Chazwel
Rockauto is where I got mine from.
Thanks. I thought about going with Rockauto. I decided to buy an A1-Cardone unit from O'Reilly's Auto Parts here in town. I got it "tax free" because the van is owned by my church. Rockauto was a few dollars less but there's shipping costs and concerns about additioanl delays on returns.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM
ddurango51

I know this is old but it still comes up on Google searches on the subject. The more relevant question might be which is NOT the best re-manufacturer. I just had a bad experience with Car Computer Exchange. Here is my story:

http://ddurango12.blogspot.com/

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 PM
sparkzz
Veteran

If I had to do it again -- I'd probably go with Rockauto. I had a bad experience with one of those internet places, but can't remember which one, but it's in Florida. The one they sent me had the plastic shell completely broken on one port, and another was cracked so there was no way to lock the connectors in place. I called and they told me it had to have been broken during shipping. I told them if that were the case, then their should be broken plastic pieces in the box, which there wasn't. They sent another, with no hassle, that works fine. It had to have been broken when they shipped it.

While we're on the subject -- just what does the mileage have to do with it?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had some luck with http://www.allcomputerresources.com/
but even Mopar Reman have problems sometimes, it is just part the of business. I've had to get 3 PCM from Mopar to get one working once before.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
ddurango51

Originally Posted by steak59
I had some luck with http://www.allcomputerresources.com/
but even Mopar Reman have problems sometimes, it is just part the of business. I've had to get 3 PCM from Mopar to get one working once before.
I note that allcomputerresources has a B rating instead of a D with BBB.

I understand. But at least Mopar was standing behind the product (I assume). I was willing to let Car Computer Exchange keep trying but it just threw up its dress and said that the Durango must have other issues, even after I proved beyond any doubt that it did not. That's my complaint.

In response to SparkZZ, I am not sure what the mileage has to do with the issue, if anything. Car Computer Exchange was using that excuse for the 1st two tries.

Last edited by ddurango51; 12-06-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Chazwel
Professional

i wreak my 1999 dodge ram van 1500, 5.7 around a year ago and pulled the PCM out of it. I will let it go $150.00 shipped if anyone is needing one. Selling on ebay for $250. I used it for 3 months.

Quick Reply: Who is the best PCM re-manufacturer?