Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 ram b250 van

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Tkdplayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 ram b250 van

I just bought a van with 168k found out I need front calipers and bearings. Are the bearings just built in to th e rotors? Is abs only on the rear wheels? How do you know if your van is rated for 3500 lbs or 4000lbs? I'm trying to order my parts and they asked.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Tkdplayer

When it's only 2 wheel abs is that usually on the rear wheels?

Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tkdplayer
When it's only 2 wheel abs is that usually on the rear wheels?
That's called RWAL for Rear Wheel Anti Lock and it only keeps the rear wheels from locking during a fast stop, not the fronts. For 4-wheel anti-lock there will be the addition of a pump motor and also a sensor at each front wheel for which you would see the wire going to it.

For the hub question you will have to pull off one of the front wheels and check, both ways were used so it could be either setup, we have no way of knowing from here.

I also think only the 3500 vans had the 4K axle. Did you check the sticker in the driver's door jamb to see what it said?

Old 06-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Tkdplayer

I did check but there's no sticker. I double checked and also for wiring looks like I have what u said since I see no wires to the front. I did just notice a lot of oil splatter above the rear diff which I didn't see a couple days ago. I hope thats not causing the airplane noise i hear when I take my foot off the gas pedal. I was hoping it was just a wheel bearing since I checked and there's a lot of play.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Tkdplayer

I'm also gonna try cleaning the caliper slide pins before getting new calipers maybe that will stop the brake drag.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:10 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tkdplayer
I did just notice a lot of oil splatter above the rear diff which I didn't see a couple days ago. I hope thats not causing the airplane noise i hear when I take my foot off the gas pedal.
Both are caused by a worn pinion bearing.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:21 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe that will stop the brake drag
BRAKE DRAG OFTEN CAUSED BY OLD rubber hoses to the front brakes... internally the rubber breaks down allowing the hose to collapse after you hit the brakes causing pressure still on the calipers... easy fix to replace both front brake hoses

Old 06-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Tkdplayer

I'm pretty sure now I have a bad diff like alloro said. I will probably be replacing the brake hoses soon too. I should have listened to my brother when he said don't buy from a beaner, another hard lesson learned. I appreciate all your replys, thanks a lot.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:03 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had over 260,000 original miles on my '94 B250 when I totaled it in 2008. Great engine, 5.2... I was on my second tranny, but I towed with that van from the day that I bought it. Except for some body rust here in the mid-west, it was a great vehicle and took me on my adventures, besides being a daily driver.

Those rear ends should be easy to find in the bone yard.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Tkdplayer

Is the b250 the same thing as the 2500 for ordering parts?

Quick Reply: 94 ram b250 van