Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stratus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Fuel Pump Relay Bypass question

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 AM
pixelpadre's Avatar
pixelpadre pixelpadre is offline
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2000 Stratus ES 230,000 miles 2.5L
Location: Sorrento, FL
Posts: 91
Talking Fuel Pump Relay Bypass question

Omron G8h-UA-007001

I am trying to run a continuity check from PDC to fuel pump C121 harness. Does anyone know which blade on Fuel relay corresponds to wire running to fuel pump harness?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 AM
master tech's Avatar
master tech master tech is offline
Multi-section Moderator
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Vehicle: Mits P/U , Dodge avenger(1996) .
Location: San Bruno ,Ca
Posts: 10,588
Leonard Pierce
Default

I hope this is what you are looking for.
TEST ACTION APPLICABILITY
4 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Ignition on, engine not running.
Using a Voltmeter, measure the Fused Ignition Switch Output Circuit.
Is the voltage above 10.0 volts?
All
Yes Go To 5
No Repair the open Fused Ignition Switch Output Circuit.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
5 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Using an Ohmmeter, measure across Terminals 85 and 86 of the Fuel Pump Relay for
resistance.
Is the resistance below 100.0 ohms?
All
Yes Go To 6
No Replace Fuel Pump Relay.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
6 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Disconnect the Powertrain Control Module.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Using an Ohmmeter, measure the Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit for resistance
from PCM to Relay.
Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms?
All
Yes Go To 7
No Repair the open Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
7 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Disconnect the Powertrain Control Module.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Using an Ohmmeter, measure the resistance of the Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit
to ground.
Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms?
All
Yes Repair the Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit for a short to ground.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
No Go To 8
8 Turn Ignition Off.
There are no potential causes remaining.
View repair options.
All
Repair
Replace the PCM.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
178
DRIVEABILITY
P-1282 FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT — Continued
__________________
Dodge Master Tech.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
pixelpadre's Avatar
pixelpadre pixelpadre is offline
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2000 Stratus ES 230,000 miles 2.5L
Location: Sorrento, FL
Posts: 91
Default

Thanks for the info. It will serve as a useful source of info for future readers. I will check it all out. Right now I have the filter off to check it. I have another post related to that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 PM
pixelpadre's Avatar
pixelpadre pixelpadre is offline
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2000 Stratus ES 230,000 miles 2.5L
Location: Sorrento, FL
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by master tech View Post
I hope this is what you are looking for.
TEST ACTION APPLICABILITY
4 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Ignition on, engine not running.
Using a Voltmeter, measure the Fused Ignition Switch Output Circuit.
Is the voltage above 10.0 volts?
Where would that terminal be? #85 86 etc

Quote:

All
Yes Go To 5
No Repair the open Fused Ignition Switch Output Circuit.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
5 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Using an Ohmmeter, measure across Terminals 85 and 86 of the Fuel Pump Relay for
resistance.
Is the resistance below 100.0 ohms?
ok thats clear.

Quote:
All
Yes Go To 6
No Replace Fuel Pump Relay.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
6 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Disconnect the Powertrain Control Module.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Using an Ohmmeter, measure the Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit for resistance
from PCM to Relay.
Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms?
OK what terminal are we talking about on the fuel pump relay?

Quote:
All
Yes Go To 7
No Repair the open Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
Quote:
7 Ignition Off
Disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Disconnect the Powertrain Control Module.
Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.
Using an Ohmmeter, measure the resistance of the Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit
to ground.
Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms?
Looking for terminal location again.

Quote:
All
Yes Repair the Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit for a short to ground.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A

No Go To 8
8 Turn Ignition Off.
There are no potential causes remaining.
View repair options.
All
Repair
Replace the PCM.
Perform Powertrain Verification Test VER-2A.
178
DRIVEABILITY
P-1282 FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT Continued
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 PM
 
 
 
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join DodgeForum
Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Internet Brands, Inc.


Contact Details & Emails