Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

PCM/ASD fuse keeps blowing - 1998 stratus 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Douggro
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James Brady
Looks like these components all go through the IOD fuse, which I haven't been able to locate anywhere. Does anyone have an idea where it is?
To the best of my knowledge, these cars don't have an IOD fuse.

Glad that you got your problems sorted out, and glad to have helped with the "thinking through" process.

Side question: in the pic you posted, the support bracket for the TCM has the front flange bent back at an angle; has it always been that way?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:17 AM
James Brady

Nah, I did that because I'm a sloppy mechanic. Also I had mistaken the TCM for the ECU/PCM and switched it out before noticing the difference.

And yes it's embarrassing.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:41 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 10-24-2016, 09:42 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Fuse 5 feeds ASD, ASD splices out and feeds Fuse #1. Fuse #1 feeds the downstream O2 sensor heater. Took me a while to hunt this down.

Last edited by TNtech; 10-24-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:22 PM
Alonyakima
Default Question…

Can you help me … where is located that “noise suppressor” component.?? Inside of the car in the radio? I have the same problem… I took all sensor out 02, EGr, manifuel sensor, and still keep blowing fuse. Hope you can help me

It ended up being a short in the "noise suppressor" which I completely missed until a dodge mechanic sent me a real wire schematic.

But... Even though the car runs and drives fine, the radio and power locks no longer work. Also I can no longer plug my code reader in, it just doesn't detect the car or something.

In case it's relevant, I had a check engine light about a month ago (before all this happened) for P0134 and the "most common fix" was a new PCM(ECU).[/QUOT

Quick Reply: PCM/ASD fuse keeps blowing - 1998 stratus 2.4