Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Glass Pack and Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 AM
ccrunner
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass Pack and Intake

One of my friends recently had a glass pack installed and (IMO) it sounded very nice. What will it cost and cost of install?
Also, I was hoping someone knew a semicheap way to go for an aftermarket intake and what would the hp gain be?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
dirtmister16
Default RE: Glass Pack and Intake

glass packs are cheap. the last ones i got were for one of my old trucks, ran like maybe $20 a peice. but it depends on the size of the pipe and what brand. if you get a glass pack that is a off name it will be cheaper but will last just as well as others, if you buy a brand name like cherry bomb it will run a bit higher. also if your getting long or short version as well.

cant help with intake at all so someone else will have to chime in there.
hp gains will be small but u will notice your engine breathing easier with a glass pack.
but someone might have better info than i.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
ccrunner
Veteran

Do you know how well the cheaper versions sound compared to the higher end ones?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
marchant
Professional

Semi cheap Cold Air intake >> Check the picture in my signature. It's a homebrew coi made from pvc pipe and combined with the filter, returns better results than most of the coi kits that cost about 200 bucks (mine cost about 65 total; 50 for the filter alone). Im not sure if this is what you had in mind though. The kits sold on ebay are said to be crap, so I wouldn't waste your time on them...

Old 02-01-2008, 01:40 AM
dirtmister16

in my opinion, there is very little difference. i had the cheaper ones on my old chevy and it made it sound like a demo truck, at least to me. loud and agressive, but not over bearing. i have heard the higher priced ones i don't think its much of a differnce, just how its built. after time when they wear in they will get slightly louder. not too much but you will notice just takes getting used to. what happens is the glass or material inside breaks in and there for a louder(sometimes deeper sound). just my 2 cents

Old 02-10-2008, 01:00 AM
ccrunner
Veteran

Sorry I've been so long. I might just homebrew a coi too. thanks.

Dirtmister- one of the only exhausts i heard was my friends flomaster which isnt extremelt throaty but sounds very very low.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 AM
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
Professional

do not use pvc in the engine compartment, it lets off toxic gasses when heated, enough to kill someone in a high enough concentration

Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
94Ramsey
Professional

i currently dont have an intake on mine but heres the sound with the glass pack. i got the 5.2. it dosent sound bad with the GP, good from take off. idel and startup and its not to the point where when crusing you need to max out the radio ither lol. as far as intakes rather you go high price or low they all do the same. just my 2 cents. heres the sound clip of my dodge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXg-DLUMtWw

Quick Reply: Glass Pack and Intake