Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:31 AM
neon02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 motor swap

I have a 2002 dodge neon sxt. I know that the motor fits right in but is the ecu wiring harness the same or not? Also can the srt-4 fuel pump plug and play or is the connector different? One more thing does the front axels need to be replaced or can the stock ones work?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:42 AM
pssssst
Veteran

sell it and buy a srt

Old 08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

1. no it's not the same.
2. not 100% sure, but it's probably different. dodge likes doing things like that.
3. your stock ones will destroy themsevles if you try to use them with a swap.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

its alot more work than you probably think. if you want an srt4 that looks like aregular neon i would suggest going that route. buy an srt4, remove the side skirts, put 02 style headlights, taillights, front and rear bumpers and spoiler on it. (and change the hood, however youll have to reroute the pcv for clearance and wont have the scoop anymore).

there are places that will do the swap for you as well, and charge accordingly. but they are experienced.
pretty much though, youll need much much more than just a motor.
do a search on the net, lots of folks have done it before, especially when the SRT4 was fairly new.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
mopar222
Veteran

you could try using megasquirt for engine managment, a cheap alternative to a standalone system.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

megasquirt is a stand alone. it's just a pain because it's still not working 100% and you have to splice in each wire individually.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:46 PM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

dude that was asking about the srt-4 swap.
well i got this link and for the price they charge its pretty reasonable.
they use engines with less than 40k and u get to keep ur old engine.
i cantacted them once but got a reply 2 weeks later.
anyways they still do the swaps.
but here is the link .

its probably a long drive from where u live but its worth it.
here u go.

http://www.srt-4store.com/index.php?page=swaps

Old 02-20-2014, 01:33 PM
zpadgett
Default SRT4 Turbo swap?

In my area there is a 2003 dodge neon srt4 turbo that got in a wreck, motor and tranny are still good, wondering what my options are for what other years of neons I could put the guts of the srt4 in. So if anyone knows what year models I can swap it into, please let me know asap. If I don't get an answer in the next day or two I will just move on and buy something different. Email will work faster than replying on here, will delete post once I get a good answer. My email is zlp213@ yahoo.com

Old 03-22-2015, 06:25 PM
monzaguy
Default srt-4 motor swap

More difficult and expensive than you can envision. First your not having to just drop in the engine and drive off. Your really undertaking at a 2 to 3 week project that involves swapping mounts, suspension,brakes, hubs,etc,etc. I know cuz Im still not finished my "simple swap" that started almost 3 years ago. Trying to locate the front panel behind the intercooler now.
Try using search on this forum "its your friend" your 3 questions have been beaten to death,so theres a lot to read. Basicly your engine bay harness will not fit, nor will your engine harness. Buy used an your looking for trouble most of the time.I bought 2, used, before buying them new.Your old PMC wont work with the new wiring you need, so find and buy an SRT-4 one,Youll also need the SRT axels cuz yours wont cut it, or fit the SRT-4 trans. If you have an auto trans in your car buy peddles, master cylinder,cables and shifter,etc,etc. Anyhow use search,and later (when you do the swap.....or buy an SRT-4) post up some pix and a write up. Good luck with your desision. Me if I knew then what I know now Id have chosen the latter.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 motor swap