Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

End of Dodge in NASCAR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Instant Classic//
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default End of Dodge in NASCAR?

I just read the new feature on the main page regarding Dodge in NASCAR. The one who wrote the article really must not be a NASCAR fan. Here's 4 reasons why.

1.) The Daytona 500 is a throw away race.

This race is so crazy, and it always is. The position you are in after Daytona in points is a hardship, yet, due to cars that generally aren't competitive being ahead in points, it's not as bad as it looks. For instance, 7 cars ahead of Brad Keslowski are uncertain they can run a full schedule. Also, the points standings he cited are incorrect. Brad is actually in 29th. So, he can potentially move up 7 spots to 22nd, and he is currently only 35 points off the lead. Brad over came almost three times that much to qualify for the 2011 Chase. Which leads to...

2.) Theres 25 races left!. Plenty of time to move up, and gain points.

3.) Dodge has power. Now Is a good time to note that there are actualkly only 2 full-time Dodge drivers in the Sprint Cup Series. Last year, both cars(with one different driver) qualified for the 2011 Chase. Both cars went to victory lane.

4.) This is the second season with only this many drivers running Dodge. Dodge gives great support to these two teams. In fact, the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series (which has 3-4 full-time Dodge drivers, yet only had 3 at the time) was won by Dodge.

My biggest point is, this article is really uneeded. It's not the end of Dodge in NASCAR. What it really is is the NASCAR Season working like it has for many years. Dodge has a hill to climb, but its far from the end.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wrote the front page article..I also wrote the front page article about the announcement that Penske is leaving Dodge after this season (click here for that if you missed it).

What do you think now? Still think Dodge is going to survive in NASCAR with just Robby Gordon? If Dodge doesnt get another "big" team, they arent going to last long in Sprint Cup.

Last edited by BadStratRT; 03-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dodge just doesn't the support, the other brands do.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 03-02-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention Toyota has been branch marketing their vehicles all around automotive racing competitions, especially Camry with Nascar, unfortunately. I wish Dodge was more aggressive in their marketing campaign with Nascar as well, with the Charger. Eventually Honda will seize their moment, and Nascar will turn into a dominated foreign market, like the Indy series.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Instant Classic//
Rookie

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
I wrote the front page article..I also wrote the front page article about the announcement that Penske is leaving Dodge after this season (click here for that if you missed it).

What do you think now? Still think Dodge is going to survive in NASCAR with just Robby Gordon? If Dodge doesnt get another "big" team, they arent going to last long in Sprint Cup.

I still think that it's not the end. However, now, I'll give you props :P lol. Daytona wasn't the begining of the end though, last year was evidently.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Chase is right...Chrysler doesnt put the money into NASCAR that GM, Ford and Toyota do. However, Chrysler reps are very happy with their successes in the motorsports where they do succeed, like the torc truck series and such.

instant classic, I agree that last year was the true beginning of the end but losing penske and the poor showing in daytona for gordon could really be the first sign of the end. with penske leaving, the only hope is robby gordons team and he blew an engine early in the race...

Old 03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

So another interesting development...chrysler teases the 2013 sprint cup charger (click here for more)!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Instant Classic//
Rookie

Its cool you linked to my thread, I like that. But all in all, this has been done for months obviously...however, I hope my brand can find a new team....maybe EGR?

As far as Robby goes, he Is looking for investors, and his engines are built in house. His engine was failing during the Dual, so, it wasn't a surprise it didn't last in the 500. Who knows, maybe Dodge can throw him some support.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No intrest in Nascar, watching cars go round and round to crash, is all but good for watching for a train wreck to happen. Dodge will still be in nascar, thiers enough drivers and race teams and not enough car brands to go around.

If hyundia gets into nascar, I will take a intrest, hell get BMW, AMG, Volvo, Holden, all the world brands into nascar, than I will watch, untill than its the worlds fastest demolition derby.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Insightful.

Quick Reply: End of Dodge in NASCAR?