Every existing Dodge and Ram vehicle showed positive growth in May

By -

durango rt 600

The Chrysler Group has been the strongest automaker doing business in America with a currently endless chain of year over year gains each month. This means that in the month being discussed, the company sold more vehicles than they did in the same month the previous year. In May 2013, the good times for the people under the Pentastar continued as every single current vehicle in the Dodge and Ram lineup showed positive year over year growth. In fact, the only vehicle currently being produced among all of the Chrysler Group brands to NOT show positive growth last month was the Chrysler 300. Literally every other vehicle being built today sent out more units in May 2013 than they did in May 2012 and that is a great sign of how well things are going for the whole Chrysler Group.

Within the Dodge brand, the only vehicles on the list to show a decline in sales were the Caliber and the Nitro – both of which are way out of production. The Durango was the top dog with a jump of 24% followed by the Charger with an increase of 23%. Next, the Journey and Challenger tied with 15% each while the Caravan lineup saw things improve by 4% and the Avenger increased by roughly 1%. Overall, Dodge grew by 23% over the same month last year.

Over in the Ram Truck brand, the Ram pickup and Ram C/V both saw significant gains with the Ram family increasing by 22% while the Caravan based Ram Cargo Van jumped by a whopping 218%.  The Dakota (again, out of production) showed negative growth but that barely had any impact on the overall growth of the Ram brand of 24%.

Outside of the Dodge and Ram brands, Jeep grew by just 1% but much of that is due to the discontinuation of the popular Liberty.  Fiat grew by 1% and due to the surprising drop in 300 sales, the luxury arm of the Chrysler Group saw overall sales decline by 2% even though the 200 and the Town & Country both posted positive growth.

Longtime auto journalist Patrick Rall contributes to Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Rennlist, Club Lexus, F-150 Online, and YotaTech.

Comments ()