1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Interior Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 04:56 AM
driverofLYN274
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Question

Okay, my buddy and I are re-doing the whole interior of his '97. He wants to have all the interior lights blue, but wants to keep the gauge faces black (most aftermarket are white) My question is, will the gauge faces from a '97 Eclipse work? Or will the speedo be off by alot? Also, what about the temp and oil pressure gauges at the bottom of the dash? Any suggestions? I'm open to ideas.

This is the company we wanted to go with for the gauge faces: Pro Car Parts

Thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Interior Question

You can use Eclipse gauges but you'll have to recaliberate the speedo. The respective speedos are caliberated to the respective car. I'm assuming that your buddy has an I4.
What I don't understand is, if you want to keep the black color on the gauges, what's wrong with what he has now? They are black. Most aftermarket overlays are going to be something other than black, since they are aftermarket. My suggestion would be to stick with Avenger/Sebring gauges. You'll run into issues using the Eclipse cluster (speedo).

Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

import-intelligence.com makes overlays in any color you want ... they are for the venge bring ... The eclipse parts have the wrong top speed and different redline so it throws the sweep off on the gauges ...

Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

cant u chane the color of the bulbs that light up the cluster if you dont want to get after market gauges i belive my buddy painted his bulbs with a blue marker to make them blue or sumthin of that sort on his 3 g eclipse

Old 04-28-2007, 04:58 AM
driverofLYN274

Would that work? Could I just put some LED bulbs behind the dash cluster and they'd be the right color? I'm only trying to change the color of the numbers when they're lit.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:25 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I put red LEDs in my gauge cluster and they're fine. I didn't want the aftermarket gauges either.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:01 AM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

Yea but the standard orange color, thats not from the color of the bulb isnt there like a filmbehind the gauge cluster that illuminates it orange.. you would probably have to find a way to sand that film off before you put a different color LED.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:58 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct ....

Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I didn't. If you sand that off, you will get "hot spots". Most folks use blue anyway and blue will show up just fine without sanding the dispersion paint. White light will show up as amber because of the paint color. My red LEDs show up as red just fine with the paint still intact and I don't have hot spots either. I also had blue LEDs in my HVAC and that showed up just fine too, although, blue will not light up a red panel all that well (irrelevant). The only way to successfully pull off sanding the paint is to use LED strings and even then, you'll still see the string locations (hot spots).

Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
sprman9
Rookie

wondering what the bulbs look like and where exactly they are... that orangish color is really ugly. i thought it was right behind the gauges, but not sure on that. and to get back there, do you have to take the whole dash off?

Quick Reply: Interior Question