1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

speaker set up q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Nelson9937955
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speaker set up q's

If you just want a set of decent 6.5's to replace the stockers I have a set of Blaupunkt GTx652 that i got from crutchfield that I only used a month or so, if you want to make an offer.Also crutchfield will tell some bracket is needed but the one they sent was weird so i threw it out and didnt bother using it. You can just screw in any 6.5 into the plastic mount

If you have a factory head unit, no matter what speakers you get, I would definately bypass that amp, it is junk in this modernday and age

Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
ls_monk

ORIGINAL: sprman9

I've got alpine S 6.5s, but couldnt tell ya how they really sound because of the crossover that i havent fixed yet. I think most people hook the speakers right into the deck because of the amp... but dont know what everyone has done. My friend has the same 6.5s in his stealth and they sound really good with his sub. if your going for sound, avengers have plenty of room in them!!
I have a pair of type R crossovers if your looking to replace them. There in great shape.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM
ls_monk

Took a good look at these Kicker RS56.2 speakers and they run a little bigger so hopfully I won't have to make mounting plate. ( mounting hole dia. 5" 7/16)
Took the dash speakers out today. (simple flat head screw driver pryed them up)Gutted the speaker out inside. Just left with the plastic outer. I have to dremel out the inside a little bit to fit the tweeter in. Then drop it back in tomorrow. Won't be able to tell it was replaced witha 1 inch tweeter. Total time on this was about 35minutes each.

I also bought off a friend a Kenwood kdc-x915 HU. Looks like a good headunit for the setup im doing. Also picked up two JBL 10" SVC in a bandpass box. They will be running off a 600w@4ohm Pioneer mono amp.

I think I am just going to put both amps in the trunk. (instead of the 4 ch. under the passanger seat)

Did you guys find it a pain in the butt to run new speaker wires through the door? For those who did components where did you mount the crossover? I have the tweeter protection lights and would like to have these visable.(visable at night)Maybe tucked under the dash if there is room. I will have to take some pictures once its all done.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:23 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cut the speaker wire inside the kick panels spliced the "mids to the doors then ran new tweeter wires up into the dash location mounted the crossovers under the dash buried ....
If you want them visible there are "speaker grills" down low near your knees might mount them behind there ....

Here's the last install I did with crossovers ...

Old 05-11-2007, 01:23 AM
cbccadet2002
Rookie

those door panels are sick. so i guess everyone is going with component systems huh? all those are are 6.5 sub speakers with tweeters and an amp correct? that takes care of the front what everyone running for 6*9? Is there any way to retrofit the old amp with a new one directly(using the wires runing to the old amp to plug into the new)? i have a 300 watt 4 channel im thinking of using. but if i did that i dont need a component system right? sorry i'm a machinist i can cut metal with the best of them but electrical stuff im not an einstein. lol

Old 05-11-2007, 01:50 AM
ls_monk

Well I have a brand new set of Kenwood KFC-X690 I am putting in too. To fill up the sound from the components to the tens.
Does anybody know if it matters if you run speaker wire with your power wire? I have heard about not running your RCA's with it.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:13 PM
cbccadet2002
Rookie

just picked up a kenwood kfcp707 6.5 component system off ebay for 103 shipped. brand new. i'll let ya know how they sound.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:59 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: ls_monk

Well I have a brand new set of Kenwood KFC-X690 I am putting in too. To fill up the sound from the components to the tens.
Does anybody know if it matters if you run speaker wire with your power wire? I have heard about not running your RCA's with it.
You should ALWAYS run the rca's seperate from the power wires to prevent noise pick up ....

Old 05-11-2007, 07:05 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: cbccadet2002

those door panels are sick. so i guess everyone is going with component systems huh? all those are are 6.5 sub speakers with tweeters and an amp correct? that takes care of the front what everyone running for 6*9? Is there any way to retrofit the old amp with a new one directly(using the wires runing to the old amp to plug into the new)? i have a 300 watt 4 channel im thinking of using. but if i did that i dont need a component system right? sorry i'm a machinist i can cut metal with the best of them but electrical stuff im not an einstein. lol
Technically there is no AMP involved the crossovers will take the output from the head unit and split the output to both ...

I don't suggest trying to plumb the new amp into the old wiring it's better to run RCA's from the aftermarket head unit and then tap theoutput wires back there if you need to , or run newwires

Old 05-12-2007, 01:06 AM
ls_monk

ORIGINAL: bad venge

ORIGINAL: ls_monk

You should ALWAYS run the rca's seperate from the power wires to prevent noise pick up ....
I know not to run the RCA's qith the power. My question was the actual speaker wire. I am putting the amp in the trunk. Power wires are getting ran on the drivers side and RCA's on the passenger side. It would save some wire to run the drivers door speaker wire from the amp up that side. And the passenger door speaker up the passenger side. But If it might cause noise I will run them both up the passenger side.

Quick Reply: speaker set up q's