1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Changing gauge faces

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007 | 03:05 AM
sprman9
|
Rookie
Default Changing gauge faces

i was wondering how hard it is to change the gauge faces?I can get it out and all, but done know about getting the needle off and pluging them in.

Old 05-12-2007 | 03:56 AM
95avenger
Default RE: Changing gauge faces

you shouldnt have to do any thing w/ needle. or your speed will be messed up right??

i dont know anything about that tho so dont trust me lol. i was wondering if you need to get a light (if there is even a light "bulb"behind it) or if they come w/ one? when you plug it in? also could you post some pics or send info on how you did it because i wanna get the polished aluminum cover to go around the guages

i like these ones...**bad link**

Old 05-12-2007 | 03:59 AM
sprman9
|
Rookie

ill deffinitely take pics. ive heard sometimes they can slip off and on without removing the needle, but havent really tried anything yet.

Old 05-12-2007 | 04:03 AM
95avenger

there some good ones on here.... maby help u out too

http://www.importintelligence.com/

Old 05-12-2007 | 04:20 AM
sprman9
|
Rookie

i think these are what i got. if not its real close.
Ebay overlays

**Please use the link button (the one with the chain link in front of the globe) to keep page size down....silver**

Old 05-12-2007 | 05:53 AM
tehmenace

ORIGINAL: sprman9

i think these are what i got. if not its real close. Ebay overlays
Will those work in the 2.5L also?

Old 05-12-2007 | 12:57 PM
sprman9
|
Rookie

all the numbers are the same.. and if the needles stay calibrated i wouldnt see why they wouldnt. i thought that the sticks had more rpms, but i may be wrong. i have the v6 myself, so i hope so.

Old 05-12-2007 | 03:01 PM
sprman9
|
Rookie

so ive got the faces on... but i think i decalibrated all of them. i push the needle up and it doesnt fall. guessing that that isnt good. any help??

Old 05-12-2007 | 10:27 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

Well it's a little late now since they are already screwed up ...
To change them properly you should warm up the car to operating temperature then record the readings by marking them on the face outside the space you see .... be very accurate on the rpm's at idle ... then go out on an open straight stretch of road and go to XX speed 35/55 whatever and record the rpm's ... replace faces then rewarm car install all needles at settings except the speedo then go out to the same stretch of road and go to whatever the rpm setting was and lightly install the needle ...

since you dont say whats screwed up ...
Speedo can be recalibrated by shop but it will cost $$$
use a GPS unit in car accelerate to speed and install needle
find one of the your speed is signs and use it
have a car with good speedo pace you and set the needle

fuel gauge go to the station and fill it up as full as possible then start the car wait 5 minutes and reinstall needle ...

temp and oil are usually 1/2 gauge at temp set them there and see

Old 05-13-2007 | 03:43 AM
sprman9
|
Rookie

ya. the gas was fine. and the odometer is ok as well... since the set was for a 4 cylinder, the temp and oil are replaced by just a temp gauge i believe. so im thinking i will have to go to the junk yard and maybe see if i can find one of those. i know the idle too, and may have a way to reset the speedo because it jumps to and from going 40mph. thanks for the advise bv. i think the main thing i have to do would be plug them in. i thought that would jsut be for the lights, but im stupid i guess.

Quick Reply: Changing gauge faces