1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Driver Handle Won't Open Door

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 09:50 PM
odel0022
Default Driver Handle Won't Open Door

Recently I have been having some problems opening up my door from the drivers side. I know the handle isn't broken because i doesn't flop around or anything. I can still open the door from the inside no problem.

I removed the door panel; the arm that conects the door handle to the actual mechanism that opens the door still operates, the rod does its job, but as I pull the handle as much as I can, the rod stops short of opening the door. It just needs just a bit more pressure and leverage (by pushing down on the rod) to finally pop open the door.

The rod is bent, but it looks like it is supposed to; I tried bending the rod inward to make the distance the rod travels less but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Old 05-17-2007 | 10:55 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Default RE: Driver Handle Won't Open Door

I haven't seen the inside of my door in quite some time, so I can't help you on this one yet.

Old 05-17-2007 | 11:53 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

It could be the linkage came loose of the outer handle the little plastic clips get brittle and can crack and the metal rods fall out ....
Either that or the plastic hole oblongs out and egg shapes and gets harder to open (new door handle time)

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:03 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator

https://dodgeforum.com/m_610557/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Driver Handle Won't Open Door