1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Need auto Part Bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
kog523
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need auto Part Bad

I am needing a Air injection pump from a 1995 dodge avenger 2.0 manual transmission. They are saying that is the only year that has it. I need it because the emissions dude is being a retard. If anyone knows a salvage yard that has it or anyone that has it please send me a PM or something thx.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:41 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need auto Part Bad

Try http://www.car-parts.com

Old 06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
kog523

They got nothing.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 PM
josef15111
Veteran

It wouldent happen to be a air pump is it?? i think i have heard them called that not sure tho any one else know?

joe

Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Did you try searching for the year car??? then call ... they might not have it listed seperately

Old 06-13-2007, 08:54 PM
kog523

THe weird thing is that I talked to a Dodge technician and he has no idea what the hell the DMV dude is saying and has never heard of a Venge with an air injection system.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:22 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Did you fail emmissions ??? or what ...

Old 06-14-2007, 02:10 AM
kog523

Yeah I failed emissions because of this crap. One is that having a open air intake is illegal in WI and two this part he is saying that I have is not there.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:09 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Go DIRECTLY to the dealer and ask for it ... When they say it doesn't have one THEN go back to them withj a sheet from the dealer ...
Take of your Intake and replkace with a stocker you'll pass

Old 06-14-2007, 11:03 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

An open air intake? Meaning the intake w/ or w/o piping minus an air filter? WTF? I'd like to know what an air injection pump is myself.....
Air Injection Pump Primarily used on older automotive emissions control systems in the 70's and 80's, the Air Injection Pump is used to pump more air into the exhaust stream to aid in burning of harmful exhaust particles. Normally mounted on the front of the engine and driven by a belt, it will have a pipe running into the exhaust manifold.
Courtesy of http://www.getusedparts.com/auto_par...tion_pump.html
Description: Air injection technology first appeared during the late 1960s and was used extensively throughout the 1970s. It was still widely used by some manufacturers through the 1980s, but applications began to fade as automakers developed cleaner-running engines. The typical mechanical air injection system consists of a network of hoses and tubes, a belt-driven air pump and air-management valves. Since that time, air injection systems have become more diverse in nature, sometimes using the onboard computer to control system operation. Some engines use pulse-air systems that do not use a pump. Instead, alternating pressures in the exhaust stream are used to pull air into the exhaust system. As obsolete as this technology seems, some late-model vehicles use a high-tech air injection system using an electric air pump controlled by the vehicle's Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Purpose: Essentially an emissions "add-on" installed by the automakers to help further clean up emissions, the air injection system supplies air to the exhaust stream to promote additional burning of exhaust gases such as hydrocarbons (abbreviated as HC) and carbon monoxide (abbreviated as CO). Some systems also supply air to the catalytic converter to further reduce HC,
Courtesy of http://www.carcare.org/Emission_Control/air_pump.shtml

Ask the meathead, proof of his claims that your year car has an air injection pump so that you and the dealership can laugh at him.
Your EGR system deals with NOx sufficiently and your motor is not an emission's nighmare.
Neither motor was designed with air injection in mind.

Do you live in a small town in the country somewhere by chance?

Quick Reply: Need auto Part Bad