1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

High Flow Cat..

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Flow Cat..

Hey everyone, i had a flowmaster 40 series put on my avenger about 5 months ago, but its not as loud as i want it... and i have been looking at high flow Catalytic Converters to help out the sound but im not sure what to buy.... ive herd magnaflow High flows were the best but like i said i have no clue... so any advice, and is there a specific size i would need to fit on our cars???

Old 06-19-2007, 10:01 PM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Default RE: High Flow Cat..

Well if you have ever seen the inside of a catalytic converter theres really nothing blocking sound, just the honeycomb design just absorbs enough that it seems quieter. The only way there would be a good difference is if you bought the high flow cat because yours on your car is clogged up needs to be replaced anywaysso reallyI would just stick with a cat-back system if you cat is still in good shape, but thats just my opinion man. Try running some cleaners through the fuel system also that may help out some in cleaning out the cat toofor more flow on the cheaper side if you decide to purchase the "high flow" catalytic converter.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High flow cats are a different design then the stockers , yes the exhaust will be louder mine got an annoying drone ....

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

Oh, yea well my brother had a duel exhaust flowmaster put on his firebird and his stock cat. got clogged up so he bought a hi flow magnaflow and now his sounds like a chainsaw lol... and when he hits a certain Rpm it has like u said and annoying sound to it...but somthin to look into

Old 06-21-2007, 02:27 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

BTW my brother has been saying he wants to race me in his 1995 pontiac firebird (stock) (not a trans am) any chance on it being a close race? j/w

Old 06-21-2007, 04:18 PM
josef15111
Veteran

i raced a one i dont know if dude couldent drive or what i was hitting around 115 120ish and he was defintley behind me a good 4 cars and couldnt keep up at the higher mph. but like i said i dont know if dude couldnt drive or not or if there was something wrong with his ride, he looked rather salty when we got off the highway he didnt wanna even look my way lol. i just cant wait ta get the 3.0 in and then its on for the fun!

Joe

Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

oh.. lol idk i dont think he can drive, because i was searching 1/4 mile times on various cars and the firebird was said to run 15 sec 1/4.... isnt the venge 2.5 Es said to run around 17?
if someone has run a personal 1/4 time on their venge. what was ur time.. and what mods if any

Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

anyone know anything about these cats http://www.modernperformance.com/all...low_cats.shtml

Quick Reply: High Flow Cat..