1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

remote entry wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:01 PM
robertwyoung
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: remote entry wiring

Found it ... it was on the driver's side rear quarterpanel. It has a couple relays that click. I took some pics if your interested. Pics Here

Old 08-11-2007, 04:09 PM
robertwyoung
Rookie

Here's what I have so far.

Here

It's an excel spreadsheet of the harness, at least what I could figure out of it.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:30 PM
SlicedBread

If you could figure out how to get a decent signal boost (say past 10ft) or maybe make it chirp when lock/unlock that would be beautiful. Although I would bypass the panic system altogether because of the range and because I dont think anyone has ever been saved because of the panic alarm.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
robertwyoung
Rookie

Not sure how you'd get a signal boost besides moving the unit from behind the sheet metal; it doesn't even have an antenna.

Yes with the short range of these systems the panic is basically a waste. I couldn't find a "panic" output but when I was messing with the alarm wire, pin 20, my stock alarm went off (I didn't even know it had one, seems the key in the door is the only way to disarm it.)

Maybe I will remove the pin from pin 20 and see if the output changes. I have never understood why people design systems that are hot and given a ground, seems like a lot of wasted power.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:58 PM
robertwyoung
Rookie

I think I have a plan to make the parking lights flash ... on the remote entry harness I'm going to splice into pin 16 (which goes low momentarily when any key on the fob is pressed) and wire it to a relay to trigger the flash of the parking lights (18 Pin Connector at Fuse Panel).

Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 PM
SlicedBread

You have been playing with this alot huh? I imagine if you could find some way to keep the panic button from causing a loop you would be set, but thats going to be software controlled. Maybe the wiring to the dome light would work, it turns on once when you unlock and flashes twice when you lock.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:59 AM
robertwyoung
Rookie

I am going to disconnect the panic all together, it's pointless from the range we have. I think I can do everything I want with the PCB relay banks I'm going to build once the parts get here, but we'll see.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
JLA74
Rookie

RW,
How's the progress going with the mod of the keyless entry system? I was just wondering if you tried anything with the range when you were working with it. If there was any increase when the unit was exposed from behind the panel or not. Would it be possible to move?

Quick Reply: remote entry wiring